Cooper Weeks Glove

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Cooper Weeks Glove

Postby baseball junkie » August 5th, 2007, 5:10 pm

Can anyone give me any info on my latest e-bay purchase.I bought a Cooper Weeks 1st baseman's mitt that says Bob Cameron Brand in the pocket with a 67 below it. It is a very cool glove and in great shape.I was playing catch in the yard with it today and it felt great using it.
baseball junkie
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby BretMan » August 6th, 2007, 2:35 pm

No Cooper Weeks data in the catalogs, as they are not a "Made-in-the-USA" glovemaker.

All I can tell you off the top of my head is that they are a Canadian outfit, known mainly for their hockey gear. Didn't they "become" or "merge" with the ITech sporting goods? Google up their name and you should be able to find plenty of info on this company.

I don't see a "Bob Cameron" listed as ever playing in the Majors- that would help date the glove if you knew when he played.

If you can post a picture we could probably give you a close date on it just based on its design.
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Re: Cooper Weeks Glove

Postby atabats » September 1st, 2018, 2:24 pm

I think Bob Cameron refers to R. H. Cameron, owner of General Leather Goods. His company was bought out by Jack Cooper and John Weeks in 1946, then renamed to Cooper-Weeks in 1949.

Bob Cameron 1.jpg

Bob Cameron 2.jpg
atabats
Veteran Glove Poster

Re: Cooper Weeks Glove

Postby mikesglove » September 3rd, 2018, 3:01 pm

Cool looking mitt!
mikesglove
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion