100th Glove Collector Newsletter

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

100th Glove Collector Newsletter

Postby softball66 » August 1st, 2007, 7:36 am

As some of you know I've exhaustedly put out 99 glove newsletters since 1989 or is it 1889? HELP!
The 100th is next. If any of you would like to write a line about your experience or remembrances about the past newsletters, we'll try to fit it in this special edition.
You can post here or email me at : glovecollector@tx.rr.com :P :P :P
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby BretMan » August 1st, 2007, 10:28 am

This is going to sound like borderline blasphemy, but my newsletter subscription ran out back awhile ago and I haven't gotten around to renewing it.

Shame on me!

What is the renewal procedure nowadays? Also, do you ever have back issues available? Maybe I can fill in a few holes in my collection!

This might be a pipe dream, but it would be fantastic if you could publish all your past issues in a collected format, say issues 1 through 25 in one publication, then 26-50, etc.

That would be a super reference guide to have on hand!
BretMan

Da Newsletter

Postby softball66 » August 1st, 2007, 3:01 pm

Another good idea by the Sonbrett !
It might be easy to do. Pages could be shot and iteked and bound.
Back issues are $5 now but with extras gone in some editions.
Renewal is a pidling $15.50 for a year, $29.95 for two years and $39.95 for three. Paypal will work.
Thanks!
softball66

Postby BretMan » August 1st, 2007, 3:18 pm

Cool, Joe. Thanks!

Not for nothing, but I would like to point out that I am not the esteemed "Brett" who has organized and runs this wonderful website.

My username- "Bretman"- seems to cause some confusion for many of the posters here, as I have on several occassions received emails or private messages where the sender obviously thinks that I am the Sonnett-loving Mr. Lowman. Heck, I've even had email from people on eBay mistaking me for the other Brett!

Rather, I am "Bret" (with one "T") Stumpf, an avid glove collector in Columbus, Ohio.

In short- a whole 'nuther person with the same leather addiction! :D
BretMan

Bret

Postby softball66 » August 1st, 2007, 5:46 pm

My mistake Bret and sure I know you. You've been in the glove ranks for awhile and a subscriber to the Newsletter. Sorry about that confusion and know you've gotten in the crossfire of messages before.
We've got another one T Bret back in the fold too. Glove display holders maker Bret Lesan is back on the glove track and will advertise in this next newsletter for his wares. Bret does a nice turn with plastic holders in both shelf and wall mounts that we've utilized for years.
softball66

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion