Rawlings 120th Anniversary Gloves??

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Rawlings 120th Anniversary Gloves??

Postby splinters » July 30th, 2007, 1:33 pm

120th Anniversary Gloves....Any information on these gloves being available in the USA? I would love to pick up one of each of these.

http://www.asics.co.jp/baseball/120th/model.html

thanks, Matt
splinters
Veteran Glove Poster

re:120th Anniversary Rawlings

Postby mballiet » July 31st, 2007, 10:54 pm

I tried sending an email to the website with no response. I posted about these gloves a bit earlier and someone said they go for $500 to $600 US.
mballiet
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby oldballfan » July 31st, 2007, 11:59 pm

I went to the Rawlings outlet where I live and talked to the manager, and he said he had not even heard of these gloves. He said that he doubted that they would be available here in the states.
George Frazier, pitcher 1978 - 1987......
I don't put any foreign substances on the baseball. Everything I use is from the good old U.S.A.
oldballfan
Veteran Glove Poster

their idea their glove

Postby softball66 » August 1st, 2007, 7:33 am

From Bob C. at Rawlings: "ASIC"S does this on their own. They have the use of our name in Japan and they are far more intuned to what will really sell." Bob laments we have the same idea as they do, they just put in into effect.
When TGC began on this glove venture, we were making replica gloves from Nocona which some of you old timers may own. Had to shut down that operation since the fire. But others sort of caught on to the idea. The Sports Doctor also made some replica gloves for us, but had to cut the patterns out by hand instead of a press, and that can throw off the glove fitting a bit at times. We did that at Nocona when the dies were cast away but eventually bought new dies for the "clickers."
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby mudman » August 1st, 2007, 2:30 pm

I am still waiting on the HH that they were comming out with. Any new info on it?
mudman
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby BillBethea19 » August 12th, 2007, 8:36 pm

http://www.ichikawa-sports.com/glove/ra ... tc_n1.html

I ahve boht they cost 80 each americna dollars..;leather is not great qulity but they are good for a shelf...You hvae to get someone to send it to you because the USA taxes JApan heaviliy on leather
BillBethea19
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion