Nokona on Travel channel

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Nokona on Travel channel

Postby ristankor » July 25th, 2007, 7:47 pm

Hey there. "John Ratzenberger's Made In America" on the Travel Channel will be re-running the Nokona episode on Monday, August 6th, at 10:00 A.M.(central). Adjust your schedules accordingly.
ristankor
Rookie Glove Poster

Nokona on Travel Channel

Postby GloveGypsy » July 25th, 2007, 8:37 pm

I saw that last month, or maybe it was in May. It was a short, sweet piece on Nokona. I wish the segment was longer and covered the company in more detail, but I appreciated seeing it. I remember John Ratz acting silly and interrupting Bob Storey while he was talking. But, I am a glove guy and that would bother me more that most people.

One time, I visited the facility where Glovesmith made their ball gloves. It was a compact place on a highway going south of St. Louis, Missouri. These nice ladies sat around in their work area, just chatting while they did their respective work on the gloves in their hands. Kind of like a sewing circle. I had Glovesmith make one for me. That was two years ago. I hope they still make some of their gloves in the USA.

The glove has broken in beautifully, and I am keeping it for my son as I had our last name embroidered on the thumb.
GloveGypsy
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby BretMan » July 26th, 2007, 9:19 am

Thanks for the heads-up! :D
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion