Joke of the Day

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Joke of the Day

Postby Vindoggie » July 23rd, 2007, 8:59 am

Over the years a pitcher & catcher got very close. Close enough in fact, that they made a pact that the one who died first would give the other some sort of sign as to whether or not there was baseball in Heaven...

The catcher died first and the pitcher missed his close friend dearly. Then one day many years later, while walking around the old ballpark, he heard a voice... It sounded like his old battery mate. "Is that you John?" he asked. "Its me" John replied. "Well, is there baseball in Heaven?" "Yes there is" John answered. "But why did you wait until now to tell me?" the pitcher asked. " Because you're starting tomorrow night!" :shock:
To hell with the expression "You don't really know a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes" How about- "... until you've caught nine innings using his mitt!" A bit more accurate, don't you think?
Vindoggie
Rookie Glove Poster

Got a good one?

Postby Vindoggie » July 27th, 2007, 12:11 am

We all need a good laugh once in a while. Add a joke to this thread. Baseball jokes are good! :D - V
To hell with the expression "You don't really know a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes" How about- "... until you've caught nine innings using his mitt!" A bit more accurate, don't you think?
Vindoggie
Rookie Glove Poster

Cukoos nest at the ballpark...

Postby Vindoggie » August 1st, 2007, 10:44 pm

A doctor at an insane asylum decided to take his patients to a baseball game.

For weeks in advance, he coached his patients to respond to his commands.

When the day of the game arrived, everything seemed to be going well. As the National Anthem started.......the doctor yelled, "Up Nuts" And the patients complied by standing up.

After the anthem ...he yelled, "Down Nuts". And they all sat back down in their seats.

After a home run was hit, the doctor yelled, "Cheer Nuts". They all brokeout into applause and cheered.

When the umpire made a particularly bad call against the star of the home team, the Doctor yelled, "Booooo Nuts!!!" and they all started booing and cat calling.

Thinking things were going very well. The doctor decided to go get a beer and a hot dog, leaving his assistant in charge.

When he returned, there was a riot in progress. Finding his assistant, the doctor asked," What in the world happened? "

The assistant replied, "Well, everything was going just fine till a vendor passed by and yelled PEANUTS!"
Vindoggie
Rookie Glove Poster

Truth be told...

Postby Vindoggie » August 1st, 2007, 10:46 pm

One Day the Devil challenged the Lord to a baseball game.

Smiling the Lord proclaimed, "You don't have a chance, I've got Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, and all the greatest players up here."

"Yes", laughed the devil, "but I have all the umpires!"
Vindoggie
Rookie Glove Poster

Greatest hitter in the world?

Postby Vindoggie » August 1st, 2007, 10:50 pm

A little boy was overheard talking to himself as he strutted through the backyard, wearing his baseball cap and toting a ball and bat:

"I'm the greatest hitter in the world," he announced.
Then, he tossed the ball into the air, swung at it, and missed.

"Strike One!" he yelled. Undaunted, he picked up the ball and said again,

"I'm the greatest hitter in the world!"

He tossed the ball into the air. When it came down he swung again and missed.

"Strike Two!" he cried.

The boy then paused a moment to examine his bat and ball carefully.

He spit on his hands and rubbed them together. He straightened his cap and said once more,

"I'm the greatest hitter in the world!"

Again he tossed the ball up in the air and swung at it. He missed.

"Strike Three!"

"Wow!" he exclaimed, "I'm the greatest pitcher in the world!"
Last edited by Vindoggie on August 2nd, 2007, 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vindoggie
Rookie Glove Poster

First Game

Postby Vindoggie » August 1st, 2007, 10:57 pm

A recent Scottish immigrant attends his first baseball game in his new country and after a base hit he hears the fans roaring "Run....Run!"

The next batter connects heavily with the ball and the Scotsman stands up and roars with the crowd in his thick accent: "R-r-run ya bahstard, r-run will ya!"

A third batter slams a hit and again the Scotsman, obviously pleased with his knowledge of the game, screams "R-r-run ya bahstard, r-r-run will ya!"

The next batter held his swing at three and two and as the ump calls a walk the Scotsman stands up yelling "R-r-run ya bahstard, r-r-run!" All the surrounding fans giggle quietly and he sits down confused.
A friendly fan, sensing his embarassment, whispers "He doesn't have to run, he's got four balls."

After this explanation the Scotsman stands up in disbelief and screams, "Walk with pr-r-ride man!"
Vindoggie
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion