Website is Live

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Website is Live

Postby ebbets55 » July 21st, 2007, 3:47 am

It's midnight and we got it running. Here's how it works. Simply drag your mouse over Ebbets Field to bring up the different glove galleries. You can also use the links on each page as well. Sale gloves are in left field, center field and right field. Also be sure to run the bases. I can add as many galleries and glove pictures as I like. I'm hoping to get pictures from you guys to display in the various galleries. Until then, I started with a few of mine. Hope you like it. It's time for another drink.

Thanks Karl for working so hard to get this thing up.

JD

www.baseballglovecollector.com
ebbets55
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » July 21st, 2007, 7:17 am

That is awesome!

Dad, take note...I want the Goldsmith Honus Wagner for Christmas.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Way to Go JD!

Postby softball66 » July 21st, 2007, 8:11 am

Thanks Jim for putting up this stupendous array of leather. Really the finest in the field! And it's easy to Reach!
:P :wink: :lol:
softball66

Postby Studboy » July 21st, 2007, 10:53 am

You got a hit there! Thanks for taking the time to create such a killer site.
Studboy
Veteran Glove Poster

glove site

Postby Bravosin99 » July 21st, 2007, 12:41 pm

Jim-
Very impressive site!! Wish I would have seen it was ready sooner those crescent pad fielders gloves sure sold fast :cry: !! LOL.. oh well, me and dad will get one some day.(Hopefully) It was great looking through all the amazing gloves in your collection also..I am loving all the white gloves, expecially the White Ruth :D ...If you ever get in a generous mood and want to donate some white gloves or a crescent pad you know who you can turn to :wink: ....Thanks again for giving all of us another amazing source of gloves to view and purchase from!!
-Josh
Bravosin99
Gold Glove Poster

Fantastic website

Postby 1glove2many » July 21st, 2007, 1:29 pm

One fantastis website Jim.Kepp em comin.I'll be glued to this for a week.Thanks again,Mark. :D
1glove2many
Rookie Glove Poster

super job

Postby Deacon » July 21st, 2007, 2:16 pm

JD....what else can be said...SUPER job and what an asset to the hobby
Deacon
Veteran Glove Poster

Beautiful site

Postby jackwhale » July 21st, 2007, 5:01 pm

Thanks for all the time you put in. I'll be thinking about that lefty wilson 1b mitt (PB513) all week.
jackwhale
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby mittmutt » July 21st, 2007, 5:54 pm

Jim, You need to change your name to the new and improved Santa Clause since you've created Christmas in July. Beautiful site, great job. Is that home page Ebbets field? I could have sworn that was heaven.... Anyone want to donate towards my marriage counselor. I know this site will be the last straw.
mittmutt
Veteran Glove Poster

wow!

Postby Cowboy7130 » July 21st, 2007, 5:58 pm

What an awesome site! I love the 'rounding the bases' chronology of the arrangement. Thank you for all your hard work, and thank you for all the knowledge and insight I will gain from your wonderful site! :)

Between that site and this one, I don't need anything else on the internet ... hmmmm ... wonder if I can get a 'two-site' only discount from my internet provider ... :lol:
Yes, I still have my first glove.
Cowboy7130
Gold Glove Poster

Postby stockbuddy » July 21st, 2007, 9:39 pm

JD, You have an awesome website and it is going to further our fun and the hobby. Thank you so much for all your hard work, time money and effort in creating a simply great asset to the hobby. I know people will be enjoying their window shopping on the ebbets field website. Thanks much my friend.

You, Rob, Joe, Brett and others are to be commended for all your efforts in our glove hobby :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Dave
stockbuddy

Postby wareagle34 » July 21st, 2007, 9:57 pm

OUTSTANDING JOB! SIMPLE,CLEAN AND TO THE POINT. GREAT PHOTOGRAPHY, ONE OF THE BEST HISTORY LESSONS IN GLOVE DESIGN I'VE SEEN. IT'S ALL THERE. CONGRATULATIONS.

LOVED SEEING OL'DIZ.

WAREAGLE!
wareagle34
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby wareagle34 » July 21st, 2007, 10:25 pm

I MEANT TO ASK YOU, THE HEINIE MANUSH MARATHON HAS A SCRIPT JR AT THE END OF HIS NAME. I HAVE ALWAYS WONDERED IF HE IS A JR. OR IF THIS IS SOME TYPE OF DESIGNATION AS A JUNIOR MODEL. I'VE NEVER SEEN A JR. APPLIED TO HIS NAME IN ANY PUBLICATION OR ON ANY OTHER GLOVE. I HAVE A MARATHON 4205 WITH THE SAME ENDORSEMENT. IT IS A SMALL GLOVE BUT FITS MY HAND EASILY. DOES ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW.

ALSO LOVED THE FOLK ART GLOVES. WHERE DID YOU FIND THEM, THEY LOOK STRAIGHT OUT OF 'DELIVERENCE'.

WAR EAGLE!
wareagle34
Rookie Glove Poster

Great job on website

Postby stockbuddy » July 21st, 2007, 11:04 pm

JD, just a few more thoughts on your website. You did a GREAT JOB with the design!! A blow me away site to visit. I am very proud of you. You did a super job.

I must say as I went through the gloves for sell mall and did my window shopping that , I only wish I had a lot of money to buy some of your gloves. LOL The one fielders glove I might try and talk you out of is that Weird Harry Gumbart glove with the double tunnel and the T web combination. Love it. I need to sell some gloves fast so I can buy that one for my collection. That web is not in the book either. LOL

I was able to freely navigate to the different glove links and found the glove pics transitioned very easily from glove to glove by using next and previous link. I am very impressed I could enlarge on a glove pretty much where ever I wanted. That should be a big plus to address most questions a person may have about a glove.

I very much liked your "About Me" link. The story of your pop and the inclusion of your wife in the hobby was very, very nice. You had told me how you got started via your wife, but I still laughed when I read it. Great job.

I liked your mission statement on your homepage. JD, if that is not inviting to fellow glovers, I don't know what would be. That should help promote a fun hobby and get the juices flowing even more. Love it.

I am sure you will get involvement from those within the hobby and hopefully more new people will be attracted to gloves as they get stimulated by viewing your website and other websites that are out there.

I like links to other websites Those links seem to help keep the hobby accessible to the glover people( and especially new folks who know very little about where to look for glove info. and pics.) and I would surely think your website will be placed on the current links of other glover websites.

JD, your vision is coming true. Congrats and thanks for your sharing within the hobby.

Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave
stockbuddy

Website

Postby ebbets55 » July 21st, 2007, 11:13 pm

Thanks everyone for your kind words here and via e-mail. I'm so glad everyone likes it so far but you ain't seen nothin' yet. Pictures are starting to come in and I updated a couple of galleries today. I think I'll start a thread each week about which gallery we are going to create and then you guys can send in pictures and I'll get them uploaded. This site will be a lot more fun if we all get some cool gloves up there. I'm excited.

Mr. Rawlings himself said he'll supply some pics. He'll probably almost single handedly supply a mint example of every glove Rawlings every made. I have 150 Nokonas to photograph, select and get uploaded. Robbie has a ton of D&M's. I know because he almost bled me dry after a lot of trades and Brett is the King of OK and Sonnett. We'll do one gallery at a time.

War Eagle, the Heinie Manush Jr. glove refers to a Jr. model, not part of his last name. I have seen that suffix on many gloves including Pie Traynor and Grover Cleveland Alexander.

Those folk art gloves are truly wild aren't they. I have traded for some, found one on my own and got the rest on eBay. The first one, the round mitt, has to be a Depression era mitt where a kid didn't have enough money for a glove and he asked his mom to make him one. She probably used a belt, a purse, a shoe and a few different kinds of laces. Did you see how you lace your fingers through the back to keep it on. That's the story I like to tell about that one.

Lastly, please snap pictures in at last 1280 x 960 or 1600 x 1200. They will allow us to get a full size picture to view. Any smaller and they won't post as well. Any bigger and they will probably be out of control.

More to come. Thanks all.

JD
ebbets55

Next

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion