New Glove Website

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

New Glove Website

Postby ebbets55 » July 19th, 2007, 10:34 pm

Hi All,

The website is almost ready. I’m going to have a couple people test it and beat it up to ensure it functions properly. I will officially announce its release here on the forum when it is ready. I’m shooting for this weekend.

There is a lot to look at including gloves for sale as well as some gloves from my personal collection. You will soon see the purpose of this site, which is to house a ton of photos from all over the hobby. It will function like a big glove picture database for a lot of cool, important and unique gloves to display side by side. I started out with a few galleries from my personal collection until I create new links with other categories from your collections, which will be very easy for me to do. I hope it will be very interactive because it could truly be a lot of fun if I put a bunch of your great gloves up there for everyone to enjoy. It will work well to complement the Forum.

I plan on hosting a lot of glove pictures I have obtained over the years on this site. Some of them have belonged to me at one time but most have not. If I host a picture and the current owner would like me to remove it, please e-mail me and I will be happy to remove it immediately. I’m hoping this won’t be the case as I’m just trying to show representative examples of gloves and styles. I plan on fully giving credit to the owner, “From the John Doe Collectionâ€
ebbets55
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » July 19th, 2007, 10:43 pm

Can't wait to see it Jim.

The news of you hosting pictures comes as I began the task of photographing my entire collection. I got through about 25 today and it was fun to pick up some gloves you sort of forget about.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby Studboy » July 20th, 2007, 12:04 am

Can't wait myself! This site has become my favorite online read & another glove site is gonna be sweet, I love checking out pix of other glovers gloves. One more excuse not to mow the lawn.
Studboy
Veteran Glove Poster

cool!

Postby Cowboy7130 » July 20th, 2007, 1:03 am

Sounds fantastic! Thanks in advance for all your hard work!

studboy, you got that right! More gloves to ogle is a beautiful thing, and should certainly take precendence over menial and mundane household chores .... 8)
Yes, I still have my first glove.
Cowboy7130
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion