How many ebay names is too many?????

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

How many ebay names is too many?????

Postby drasher81 » July 19th, 2007, 6:13 pm

Out of frustration I decided to make a post and see if we can come up with an actual number of the accounts that t.l.porter,water.walker...ect actually has. I am totally frustrated with his nonsensical bidding that has no logical reasoning behind it other than he is simply trying to buy every glove on ebay. If you add up his total amount of gloves he has all of us beat combined he has to be in the 1000 glove or more range.
drasher81

and..................

Postby glove-works » July 19th, 2007, 6:50 pm

true.believer

Ya know, it's probably a forum member too.
Glove-Works
Home of "the Works"
Glove Repair/Restoration & Sales
www.glove-works.com
glove-works
Gold Glove Poster

Postby doubleSwitch » July 19th, 2007, 9:21 pm

He buys mostly the crap gloves. There have been a couple
more people pissed off as well about all the gloves he is buying.
so what ? I dont understand the ill fellings toward this guy. If he has a glove fetish more power to him. He out bid me on a Spider Web Macgregor Jackie Jensen glove awhile back. I had put a proxy off a 150.00 and i thought for sure i would win it. I was thinking it would go for like $75.00. He outbid me and got the glove for like $151.50. He totally overpaid for that glove. It did not piss me off though. He will come and go just like the rest. Gloves get recycled through Ebay many times over and we even see new ones i'm sure on a daily basis. anyways you cant call him a Newbie anymore. His collection probably has outdone many of the veterans :)
doubleSwitch
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » July 19th, 2007, 9:31 pm

I think he actually starting to buy more nice gloves as time passes. It must be nice to have an endless supply of money to buy gloves. I'm not sure it's the bidding that makes people mad as much as the endless new accounts and private feedback.

I've actually sold him a couple and he has been pleasant to deal with, although he seems to have a religious agenda that he his pushing. Personally, I don't have a problem with it but I could see how it could rub people the wrong way.

Joe is right about the name (see the other thread). And no, Mike, I don't think he is a forum member - at least, not one that is signed up.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Too Many Names

Postby ebbets55 » July 19th, 2007, 10:25 pm

If this guy by chance lives in Wisconsin, then I have sold a bunch of gloves to him on my last round of eBay. I don't know if it is the same guy but if it is, he is wonderful to deal with. I haven't come across those other names though but the guy I'm thinking of is a prompt PayPal'er and very pleasant.

Another guy with a zero feedback placed a bunch of bids on my gloves and then they were all retracted. When I went to my seller page, I noticed that the cumulative amount of sales went way down. Turns out this guy retracted all of his bids. I hate when zero feedback guys bid because it looks bad for the seller. I guess they have to start somewhere though.

JD
ebbets55
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion