Sad News

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Sad News

Postby vintagebrett » August 21st, 2023, 4:58 pm

Just wanted my glove collecting friends to know that my dad (crackofthebat on the forum) passed away the other day. He started collecting gloves back in 1990 and was a huge inspiration in helping me become interested in the hobby. There are many here that were great friends to him over the years and I’m sincerely thankful for you all. He really slowed his collecting back in 2009 when my mom passed, but he loved JD’s glove lists and still looked at gloves on eBay up until the end. I’m glad I have many great memories and stories involving hunting for gloves over the years.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/ha ... d=52819988
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Re: Sad News

Postby TigerFan » August 21st, 2023, 9:56 pm

I'm very sorry for your loss, Brett, but am glad you and your dad were able to share a love of our great hobby.
TigerFan
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby ebbets55 » August 22nd, 2023, 4:50 pm

I'm saddened to hear about your dad, Brett. He was a great guy and a hobby legend. I was lucky to have known him.

He will not be forgotten, especially after I put up all the old Glove Collector Newsletters in the Glove Library (Joe P. had greenlighted that project a long time ago - still in the scanning phase now).

JD
ebbets55
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby glovejunkie » August 22nd, 2023, 8:58 pm

So sorry to hear this Brett…I feel your pain, my dad passed last summer. You guys had a special relationship with that collection and all the days on the Brimfield grounds finding little treasures here and there;). One of the pioneers of the hobby as far as I’ve heard… and hell of a bat restorer!! Again, very sorry to hear the terrible news. The memories will bring tears for awhile…but they’ll turn to smiles in time my friend;)
glovejunkie
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby mikesglove » August 23rd, 2023, 3:38 pm

Sorry to hear the news. I had conversations with him over the years about gloves. He was also something a of a woodworker with his bat restorations.
mikesglove

Postby murphusa » March 27th, 2024, 2:43 pm

Sorry to hear about your dad. Great guy always fun to hear from

God bless
Hell Bent for Leather
murphusa

Postby okdoak » March 27th, 2024, 8:41 pm

I am so sorry for your loss, Brett. I know how hard it is to lose someone you loved.
okdoak

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion