Glove Video

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Glove Video

Postby vintagebrett » June 22nd, 2007, 12:02 pm

I thought I had already reached my maximum dork capacity, that is, until we got our iMac the other day. Now I can make videos about baseball gloves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_HJhUoC6rQ

Tell me what you think (besides that I'm a dork - I already know that!). :lol:
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Talkin' Ball Gloves

Postby Cowboy7130 » June 22nd, 2007, 1:16 pm

That was pretty cool, and fairly low on the dork scale! :D
Yes, I still have my first glove.
Cowboy7130
Gold Glove Poster

Talkin' Baseball Gloves

Postby ebbets55 » June 22nd, 2007, 9:13 pm

Brett,

That rocked. We want more videos. You are truly taking this great hobby of ours to the next level. I appreciate that. It's cool when all of us glove dorks can play around with our gloves and glove information on the computer.

JD
ebbets55
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby stockbuddy » June 22nd, 2007, 9:29 pm

Brett,

Cool video! Like it that technology is coming into the hobby. Maybe you can work into your programming schedule to showcase the old timer gloves sometime too. Nice job.

Dave
stockbuddy

Postby BretMan » June 23rd, 2007, 2:13 pm

This is the "other Bret" from the board- the one who spells his name with only one "t"- and I liked your video.

But then I'm a glove geek... :D

I would like to offer one suggestion. Unfortunately, the quality of the video camera isn't anywhere near the beautiful still-photos you post. When you are holding up the gloves and talking about them, the fine details are not easily seen.

If you get up to speed with video editing on the iMac, it would be great to intersperse your gorgeous photos with your expert commentary provided as a voiceover.
BretMan

Postby mittmutt » June 23rd, 2007, 2:43 pm

Brett, I loved your video, very informative. I sincerely hope you'll produce more in the future with more models and some older gloves. You truly are helping this hobby to grow and be better understood. Thanks also goes out to so many others who do so much to promote this fun, wholesome hobby.
mittmutt
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Mittman » July 2nd, 2007, 11:31 pm

Brett,

Ive been on hiatus for heart surgery so I just saw your video and really enjoyed it. Thanks for the info and give us more. :D
Mittman
Rookie Glove Poster

Captain Video Sonnett

Postby softball66 » July 3rd, 2007, 9:37 am

V. B. what's that design on your T Shirt? Masterfully done. You need to get struck by Lightnings 1b and C. mitts now.
When the SI story hit, I got a call from one of the Wilson mfg. guys there in Ada, Ohio where they were still making inflatables, footballs and basketballs at the plant. He was a holdover from the Sonnett days and he was congratulating the Nocona folks for hanging in there with American Made. :lol:
softball66

Vintage Brett Productions Take one (snap)

Postby KeyMan » July 3rd, 2007, 1:03 pm

Need to work on the lighting on the gloves. But I have to say, you could give Ben Affleck a run for his money. Great screen presence. Looking foward to you next production. Well done!
KeyMan Collectibles
http://keymancollectibles.com/
KeyMan
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby mjkm90 » July 3rd, 2007, 7:55 pm

Great job Brett. It takes some onions to put yourself out on You tube but you were outstanding. It would be great to see a video tour of gloves from the National with you as the host. Keep it up!
Mike H.
mjkm90
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » July 3rd, 2007, 8:57 pm

Thanks for all the feedback guys - I will be doing another video soon - maybe Friday or if not, definitely after Brimfield.

Mike, if I had a portable camera I would definitely take you up on that idea. However, my camera is built into the iMac and I don't feel like lugging it around. I should be able to post to the forum from my iPhone at both Brimfield and the National, depending on connectivity.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby vintagebrett » July 6th, 2007, 10:20 am

vintagebrett
Site Admin

New Video

Postby Cowboy7130 » July 6th, 2007, 1:30 pm

Well Done! Loved the old Wilson glove.

Now if we could just get a backdrop/set that evokes the stands in Ebbets Field ... maybe an old desk and a microphone stand ... a chair to get guys like glove-works, softball66, and others to sit down and "guest" on your talk show ...
Yes, I still have my first glove.
Cowboy7130
Gold Glove Poster

Postby stockbuddy » July 6th, 2007, 7:23 pm

Brett, Great job on the video and thanks for doing an old timer glove show and tell. Someday, should you decide to do a show on glove resource books, price guides etc. that might be very helpful to those visiting the glove forum. Joe Phillips will have his new 2007 Resource Guide coming out and his new 2007 price guide (this one is out now). I will gladly mail you a complimentary copy of my 2nd Fielder's Dream Glove Collection-Expanded (you already have my 1st book) when it becomes available for a shameless infomercial plug. :wink: :wink:
Maybe you have some other cool resource books to briefly describe for us. Just a thought.

The video format is very cool. Love it. Thanks again for taking the time to roll the footage. :D

Dave
stockbuddy

Lightning Model

Postby rosajr » July 26th, 2007, 3:50 pm

Brett,

Great video and I have what you're looking for, except it's a LHT fielders model. Glove is in ecellent condition as is the black tag, with all original lacing (nice and tight). A tad of faded writing on web back (214th) and ring finger cannot make it out. Let me know, I can send pictures either way. Unfortunately for me, am lefthanded so most of my 200+ gloves are LHT except for my reach baseman's mitt collection.

Jim
rosajr
Veteran Glove Poster

Next

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion