HOH Professional Player Mitt

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

HOH Professional Player Mitt

Postby b.heagy » June 19th, 2007, 3:47 pm

Greetings,
First time poster lookng for some help. Just picked up a Rawlings HOH Ed Bailey catchers mitt. It has "For The Professional Player" stamped on it. Is this a professional model game glove? Any help is greatly appreciated.
b.heagy
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » June 19th, 2007, 8:07 pm

Hello and Welcome!

In response to your question, I'm pretty sure most, if not all, Rawlings gloves that were high end were/are stamped with "For the Professional Player". I'm not the expert on this era but I'm sure there are plenty others here who can help you out. What is the model number of the glove?
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby b.heagy » June 19th, 2007, 8:43 pm

Thanks for the welcome and the response. All I can see on the palm is HOH Rawlings Made in USA. The reason I question game model is on the outer pinky finger a name is written in green marker. 1 of 3 possibilites Kerns - Kern 5 or Kerne, could not find a pro player by those names. Under the green ink you can see a worn but visible "White Sox" written in black marker. The glove shows nice wear and feels great when you put it on. One of those things that gets you thinking.
b.heagy
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » June 20th, 2007, 8:19 am

It could possibly be. I'm not sure if there was any special coding or identifying numbers on the gloves from the 1960's. Looks like the Bailey Heart of the Hide model was produced from 1958 until 1965.

There are others here who are more knowledgeable about Rawlings gloves from this era - hopefully they will chime in and provide more info if they have it.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion