A christmas story

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

A christmas story

Postby theglovester » December 18th, 2017, 10:39 am

Gotta share this tale of gloves and love of a wife that involves this awesome hobby!!! It started back in May...Rickybulldog had a wapiti elk glove I wanted but didn't have the money, we struck up a deal and I sold a Macgregor-goldsmith Red Faber for part of the price Ricky was asking to another collector who forwarded the money to Ricky. still owed Ricky $$, I had gloves to sell, and wanted to have them in JD's World series sale but got ran over by a tractor and had a finger bit off by a pit bull dog. I'm ok!!! close calls but the main thing is that I didn't make JD's sale!! I Finally sent my sale gloves to Robbie Leonhardi in Georgia who sold my gloves and paid the bulldog my balance!! had some $$ left over and was going to buy from Robbie an OOH reach glove!! then my wife saw what she wanted for Christmas!! An 1860's charlatein??? what?? it is something she has always wanted to wear when we do civil war re-enacments and run between 2-3000 dollars!! She is a purty woman and worthy, but DAMN!! She found one that was reasonable and then the glovesters became involved!!! Sharon said lets get it!! in 10 minutes Robbie forwarded what was left from my sales to JD, I called JD and he placed the bid for my wife's desires...400pounds sterling...yep it was in England! the deer hunters on the farm made a partial lease payment to pay JD what was lacking, and there you go!!! my Wife's Christmas present has swam the Atlantic, went to Californian, partially paid by a glove collector in Georgia, and under the tree in East Tennessee. God Bless you glove guys and to all a Merry Christmas!
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Re: A christmas story

Postby Number9 » December 19th, 2017, 2:31 am

Some of the best names in the game! Merry Christmas!
Huntington Base Ball Co.
www.HuntingtonBaseBallCo.com
Number9
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Re: A christmas story

Postby atabats » December 19th, 2017, 4:00 pm

There was a Wapiti 1" web in JD's last sale. Are you talking about that glove or something different? The plot in a David Lynch film is easier to figure out than the transaction above. I'm glad it worked out for you in the end though.
atabats
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion