The glovester is thinking, need honest opinion!

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

The glovester is thinking, need honest opinion!

Postby theglovester » February 19th, 2017, 12:44 pm

Hey Glovers, kinda feels Springy here in the hills of East Tennessee and as the sap rises so does my glove ideas.

I did real well in getting what I wanted via JD helping me sell some of my gloves and buying for me. Yep, Jim was my glove money banker!! Even had enough to buy my Purty Sharon a Dress!!
new glove collectors should use this idea to soothe the female that puts up with us glovers, works like a charm!! and she doesn't know there is a $300 D&M lutzke in my collection...SHHHHH!!

Guys, I know you all got SUPER stuff, but dang it, I got super Fred Sanford grade gloves!!! And I love doing a pitch-patch and double half sew and save stuff that is worthy.

Here is what I have planned. what little $$ I had left bought a triple tunnel web Nokona Joff Cross glove from Jim and we be done with our 6 month foray. God Bless ya Jim!

JD keep the web and I am going to put a rolled web in this glove, I can do it an haven't done one in a year or so. Now, I was wondering if I should copy the holes that were in the Rawlings RR Red Rolfe and add palm lacing?? yep, pushing my skills, but I can do it!! To keep the integrity of glove collecting, I am thinking of adding a patch beside the Nokona patch on the wrist strap ala Bill Doak patch, but be "The Glovester" 2017.

Soooo, I am thinking of making a Frankenstein Nokona that is cool? Thoughts???
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Re: The glovester is thinking, need honest opinion!

Postby theglovester » February 19th, 2017, 1:17 pm

By the way, this Nokona will be for sale!! when ever I get it done? I kinda think of it being a glove altered by the original owner to get the glove he wanted? But I don't want to HODO the glove hobby! But those that know me, know I want a patch on a glove with my name!!!
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion