2016 National Sports Collectors Convention

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

2016 National Sports Collectors Convention

Postby vintagebrett » May 31st, 2016, 3:59 pm

As summer approaches, that means another National Sports Collectors Convention is near. For the first time since 2009, I won't be setting up at the show. The location of the show - Atlantic City - is not a desirable place for me to travel (despite being close) and I know that many other dealers/collectors share my view. My wife only gets a few weeks for vacation each year and we both concurred that using vacation time in AC was not high on the priority list. I hope to make it down for a day or two to shop but that is still up in the air at this time. If you are attending, you will see my company name attached to booth 2049 but Corey from Antique Athlete will have all the items for sale there.

The show returns to Chicago in 2017 and I fully intend on setting up for that show as I've done very well the three times I've sold there. Plus, Chicago is easier for a lot of people to travel to so I hope to catch up with all my hobby friends again there.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Re: 2016 National Sports Collectors Convention

Postby ScottWNJ » July 26th, 2016, 11:29 pm

Bummer. Was hoping to see you there since I haven't been to a National since Baltimore. I'm just two hours from Atlantic City, so maybe I'll just make a day trip instead of staying over. Perhaps it will return to Baltimore in the future. Chicago is just too far for me.

Besides Antique Athlete, do you know of any other glovers that are attending? Thanks.
Scott W NJ
ScottWNJ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby murphusa » August 9th, 2016, 9:01 pm

Was not able to go till Saturday and I found your booth empty.. Not much to look at for me
Hell Bent for Leather
murphusa
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » August 10th, 2016, 7:41 am

Sorry the booth was empty - I figured he would be set up thru Saturday and then leave but I guess he decided to leave earlier. I was there to help him get situated and you are right - not much to look at. I've been to 11 of the last 12 Nationals and this was hands down the worst for finding/seeing gloves. Even for other equipment, it was paltry pickings. Hopefully it will be better in Chicago next summer - a lot of the equipment dealers didn't come to Atlantic City.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion