Stolen Gloves in NJ

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Stolen Gloves in NJ

Postby ScottWNJ » September 14th, 2015, 6:50 pm

I keep a booth in an antique store in New Jersey, where I sell collectibles, small furniture, etc. I don't usually put much baseball stuff in there but I did have two vintage sewn web gloves in a shadowbox for sale. I visited my booth today and found that someone pried open the back of the shadowbox and removed both gloves. They were very far from being in pristine condition, but they looked great in the display. One glove was a FAVORITE made by BILTRITE. The other was unidentified. Both were sewn webs from around 1915. I doubt that they will ever show up here, but I wanted to put this out there in case someone spots one on eBay. We contacted the neighboring antique store to see if anyone brought in the gloves to sell, and they told us that they had a vintage bat stolen over the weekend. I suppose this kind of things happen when you have items for sale in a booth, but I am really ticked off that someone would take the time to pry open the shadowbox for the gloves. To me, it points to a fellow collector who knew exactly what they were. To the average shopper, they were just two old gloves. Here's a photo just in case they pop up somewhere. Let me know if they do. Thanks.
Scott W NJ
ScottWNJ
Gold Glove Poster

Re: Stolen Gloves in NJ

Postby vintagebrett » September 15th, 2015, 1:21 pm

Scott, that stinks - sorry to hear about that. Will keep an eye on ebay to see if they pop up. Does your antique store have video surveillance?
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Re: Stolen Gloves in NJ

Postby ScottWNJ » September 21st, 2015, 10:43 pm

No Brett. He has camera and monitor aimed at the doors, but no video recording. The theft occurred in my booth where there is no coverage.
Scott W NJ
ScottWNJ
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion