Big Sky, Big Collection & Big Deal

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Big Sky, Big Collection & Big Deal

Postby ebbets55 » June 4th, 2007, 4:43 pm

I just returned from Montana to visit a good friend, Mike Ellis. Mike has what I consider to be one of the best couple of glove collections in the hobby. Earlier, Mike had asked me to help him sell part of his collection. As he got older, he wanted to get more focused in his collecting efforts. He has so many gloves and he hadn’t even gone through all of them. We were having a blast going through all of those gloves - you need to keep this one and you need to get rid of that one type of thing. When we got to the end, we were looking at countless piles of great gloves, mostly HOF’s. Off to the side was his prized Nokona collection of 140 gloves that took up so much space, some of which I previously owned. We were both overwhelmed and it was late. We started talking about how to sell them and the logistics involved like the time and cost. Now we were both even more overwhelmed.

Soon after, Mike said something like, “Screw this, let’s make a deal.â€
ebbets55
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

need autograph gloves of

Postby softball66 » June 4th, 2007, 5:27 pm

do you have a Fred Merkle? :roll:
softball66

Postby stockbuddy » June 4th, 2007, 7:26 pm

What a deal!!!! You may need to add on to your house next. LOL

Enjoy the leathers!

Dave
stockbuddy

sounds like a dream i keep having...

Postby doubleSwitch » June 4th, 2007, 7:55 pm

My new friend Jim !! please send lots of glove pics when they arrive!!

90ft.fromhome@gmail.com
doubleSwitch
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby ebbets55 » June 4th, 2007, 8:04 pm

Thanks everybody for the nice e-mails and interest. I just want to go about this so it's best for me and everyone else. I want to be fair about it. I'll try to take an inventory and post a price list in the near future. I haven't decided exactly how I'm going about the sale yet as I don't know exactly what I have. I might try a combination of a published price list, private sales, Ebay and the National. Don't know yet. Those of you who know me know I'm going to go about this in the fairest way possible as I don't want to upset anyone and I'm hoping Ebay isn't the answer on the good ones. Thanks for understanding.

JD
ebbets55

Postby vintagebrett » June 5th, 2007, 7:43 pm

Sounds like you had a great time Jim! 400 gloves - wow, what an addition!! Can't wait to see your list - I'm off to rob some banks in the meantime! 8)
vintagebrett
Site Admin

white glove

Postby Bravosin99 » June 14th, 2007, 11:11 pm

If you get rid of the white glove you have as your picture icon we call dibbs :lol:
Bravosin99
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion