Whoa Margret...Pepper Martin sighting??

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Whoa Margret...Pepper Martin sighting??

Postby theglovester » February 9th, 2015, 6:47 pm

Hey guys check out ebay item 231475019457, This is what a Pepper Martin PM looks like but, is this the elusive John Leonard Martin "PM" model? it is a top line glove for Rawlings guys. Can anyone make out the endorsement??? Looks like S_____ L_____.

Of course I could write "Pepper Martin" and "Deluxe model" with a silver sharpie on the pinky and quit looking :?
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Re: Whoa Margret...Pepper Martin sighting??

Postby theglovester » February 11th, 2015, 12:40 am

See that the neat rawlings glove has caught some attention...really sweet glove, and if it turns out to be a pepper martin The winner and I may have to talk!!

To the winner, please let us all know what the endorsement is and model number. Billy Herman & pepper matrin gloves had pinky laces, but this one is a new one on me, and curious!

Meanwhile another glove just popped up on ebay, a Rawlings Billy Martin??? correct patch to be a pepper martin but thanks to JD's gallery, it is a STU Martin, no offense to ole Stu, but ain't what I am begging for....

While thinking of Stu's what Stu got Blew of the mound during an All Star Game???
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Re: Whoa Margret...Pepper Martin sighting??

Postby mikesglove » February 11th, 2015, 11:33 pm

theglovester wrote:Hey guys check out ebay item 231475019457, This is what a Pepper Martin PM looks like but, is this the elusive John Leonard Martin "PM" model? it is a top line glove for Rawlings guys. Can anyone make out the endorsement??? Looks like S_____ L_____.

have you looked through your Baseball Encyclopedia yet?
mikesglove
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion