Rawlings Joe Adcock 1st Base Mitt

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Rawlings Joe Adcock 1st Base Mitt

Postby Murrieta1947 » November 28th, 2014, 11:50 am

A very long time ago (1962) in high school I used a Rawlings Joe Adcock Model first base mitt. I remember it cost $29.95 new, which was a lot of money for a high school kid back then. There was another Adcock model mitt that was about $10 higher. I think it was marked "professional" where the one I had was market "personal". I could be wrong on that, but that's my best recollection.

Anyway, I'd appreciate it if some one could help me get the correct information. I'd really like to find one to buy just as a reminder of those great lazy days of summer when all I had to do was play baseball from sun up until it was so dark we could barely see the ball.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Bill Phillips
Murrieta, California
Murrieta1947
Rookie Glove Poster

Re: Rawlings Joe Adcock 1st Base Mitt

Postby mikesglove » November 28th, 2014, 3:05 pm

There was the Adcock personal model TN10 trapper and above that was the "Professional" TNT trapper and the "Professional" DCT(Double-Ca-Thud) model. All were Heart of Hide models. The "Personal Model" can be found on ebay fairly regularly but the other two with an Adcock endorsement would be pretty rare. Below is an Adcock TN10 "Personal Model"
ItRQ5id.jpg
mikesglove
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Re: Rawlings Joe Adcock 1st Base Mitt

Postby Murrieta1947 » November 28th, 2014, 11:57 pm

Thanks so much for the info.

Bill
Murrieta1947
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion