The Glovester's dilemma

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

The Glovester's dilemma

Postby theglovester » November 6th, 2014, 8:35 pm

As some know I am pretty nifty with leather and thread. Here is my dilemma, I have 3-4 gloves that have been chewed on by dogs and have serious unrepairable troubles, 1950-60's models, what is the feelings of collectors on here on making them into wallets??? kinda seems a sacrilege to do this to a sound glove for a dollar, but on the 3-4 I have?? Then how do you know I didn't butcher a glove for a dollar?? Just something for you to ponder on and give me your honest opinion...

Would help add some $$ in the Ol' Pepper Martin savings account...
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Re: The Glovester's dilemma

Postby vintagebrett » November 7th, 2014, 9:33 am

They are your gloves, you can do what you want with them. People take parts from gloves to fix other gloves so if you want to reuse them for another purpose, I don't see much of a difference. My one piece of advice would be to email William and get his take on making a wallet - he did one for me and it is fantastic - the ones you see on eBay aren't even close to being in the same league as his.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Re: The Glovester's dilemma

Postby theglovester » November 7th, 2014, 11:35 am

Thanks Brett, will give William a holler, he is hands down the best fixer upper of gloves, but I ain't bad and heck something for me to do on a snowy day here in Tennessee.
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion