New here

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

New here

Postby Jradek70 » November 5th, 2014, 5:27 pm

Thanks for the add! new here and haven't really been collecting gloves for long. but am excited to be a part of this site and hope to gain knowledge as I go! thanks. I will be posting pics of my finds and projects as I go!
Jradek70
Rookie Glove Poster

Re: New here

Postby murphusa » November 5th, 2014, 8:48 pm

welcome
Hell Bent for Leather
murphusa
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby theglovester » November 6th, 2014, 8:45 am

Welcome to a great hobby and a bunch of great collectors that will help answer your questions, Jim's website "Vintage Baseball Glove Collector" website is a great reference source and if you can nab one of Joe Phillip's Glove source books and price guides, they are very helpful.

Feel free to ask anything "Glovey" and you will get a tried and proven answer...There is a "Raging Sea of Knowledge" of gloves at you beckon call, just post questions and the experts will chime in. Especially a Clod Farmer from the hills of East Tennessee, He will always have an answer....

P.S. Very Addictive hobby!!! I have never met a glove I didn't like, just some better than others!!!
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » November 6th, 2014, 1:28 pm

Welcome to the forum! Lots of great information here and look forward to hearing about your collecting focus.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby Jradek70 » November 7th, 2014, 7:44 am

Thanks for the warm welcome. My collecting focus is from the 70s (my childhood) back. Love the 50s and anything White Sox! I'd like to get into the preservation and restoration aspects of the hobby as I see so many pieces in my area "rusting away in the field" so to speak . I want to do my part to preserve and collect these parts of baseball and American history weather it was used by Babe Ruth or some kid in a sandlot they are all treasures
Jradek70
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion