Fingerless Back on eBay

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Fingerless Back on eBay

Postby Mr. Mitt » October 23rd, 2013, 7:21 pm

The fingerless glove that was coerced into ending for $200 (see August Glove of the Month thread) by one of our own (don’t call him a dealer, and I forget his ID because he’s changed it a few times despite saying he doesn’t), is back on eBay. Everyone has a shot at it now, good luck!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131027470713?ss ... 386wt_1170
Mr. Mitt
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Re: Fingerless Back on eBay

Postby ScottWNJ » October 23rd, 2013, 10:15 pm

So who is selling it? The original seller or the scam buyer?
Scott W NJ
ScottWNJ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby Mr. Mitt » October 23rd, 2013, 10:21 pm

The original seller never consumated the $200 deal and she has listed it again with a better description. Needless to say, she's letting the auction run to completion, as everyone should.
Mr. Mitt

Postby ScottWNJ » October 23rd, 2013, 10:30 pm

Well it's too rich for my blood, but will be fun to watch.
Scott W NJ
ScottWNJ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby theglovester » October 23rd, 2013, 11:18 pm

After mortgaging next years calf crop my bidding finger was fired up..until my wife "Pretty Sharon" snapped that sucker off :shock:

Good luck bidders, will be fun to watch!! And congrats to the lady who found it, the sun deserves to shine on us all at times!!

will be a sad weekend... my niece is getting wed to a Yankee, and I have to behave at the wedding :(
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Postby softball66 » October 24th, 2013, 4:38 pm

Don, remember your courtly Southern manners. General Grant allowed us to keep our swords and horses.
The lady selling seems to be genteel and knowledgable and like Jerry said, is listing it herself and fairly, no reserve. A little sidelight to this is that all the gloves listed appeared to belong to various generations of family members with their names on their gloves. She and I agreed it was sad that they were family keepsake for so longs and someone at the end of the line had to let them go. Afraid the modern generations are not so sentimental as previous ones. :(
softball66

Postby ScottWNJ » October 29th, 2013, 10:12 pm

$7200! Yikes!

That's $7000 more than what's-his-name tried to buy it for the first time.

And the winner is ????????

Wonder if we'll ever know.
Scott W NJ
ScottWNJ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby theglovester » October 30th, 2013, 6:20 am

Cha-Ching!!! guess we all were anxiously watching this bird to see how high it would fly, and after letting it sink in, $7200 in a round about way is very good for the Hobby of glove collecting.

Congrats to the seller and those that helped her do it right.

Nope wasn't me, if it was, Pretty Sharon would have slapped a knot on my head a calf could suck :shock:

But, did you know that three $500 Stonewall Jackson CSA bills would have bought it in USA Monopoly money :idea:

On a lighter note, proud of my boy, in world history class, the teacher asked if anyone knew anything about Belgium, The wondermutt told me he blurted out "Browning made some good shotguns there, I got one" Ah, There is still hope!
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » October 30th, 2013, 7:27 am

Good to see lots of active bidding on this rarely seen treasure. I know there was a lot of interest in the glove and I'm happy it's going to a good home where it will be appreciated. I'm sure there were a lot of interested glove collectors watching their screens as the seconds counted down to zero.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion