Hook eye back glove

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Hook eye back glove

Postby theglovester » October 16th, 2013, 12:21 pm

First off, congrats again Robbie!!

Hey guys, need some information, In a round about way, I have added a glove to the collection and like myself, it will need some serious work, BUT, a bunch of plus signs, it has ended and was ebay# 190923138825 the white Reach grommet web mitt,hook eye back.

Pretty clean leather,awesome Reach patch, hook and eyes solid, not torn on the back where finger stalls attach, and will take a complete resewing by hand, but holes are already there and matched up, and have a pattern to replace the web that is torn, Easy, cheap, just time, and something to do to drown out the sound of sneakers squeeking on the hardwood.

JD has an awesome white fielders Hook Eye glove that William worked on and that tag/pull on the wrist lace he added looks sweet! will copy onto this one for sure.

When you look at the mitt above, consensus says its a kids glove, but, It's a Hook Eye Back, and I don't have one. Cha-ching.

How early is this critter, you guys in the Reach loop can tell by the tag, at least get pretty close, obviously pre 1930, thanks for helping!! still looking for about 2-3 more projects to get me through til spring training.
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion