The glovesters winter project/s

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

The glovesters winter project/s

Postby theglovester » October 3rd, 2013, 11:11 am

Well guys as the leaves change and gardens put to sleep and the REDS are out (#$*^#@@$X**), 2nd cutting of hay going up today!! Yehaaa!! I get a few ideas while driving a tractor all day and some are dandies, making my repo CSA lemon peel ball, stonewall jackson 1800's glove, found an old wagon tongue here on the farm and going to get a acorn, lajoie knobed bat turned at Woodcraft for $20 and have a CSA brand for it, cool for me and cheap, Now I have an early Higgins verticle tunnel glove project that I will reline when I find a suitable donor between now and spring training, and it be a keeper.

Now I mentioned the Biddle glove soon to go off ebay and the seam repair it had. Kinda like the Rawlings Primo gloves currently out. Got me to thinking... Yeah scary thought!! The great depression hit in late 20's early thirties and baseball gloves were a luxury item to most Americans, SOOOOO....I think my collection needs a top line mid 20's glove with repaired external sewed seams like the Biddle glove currently for auction. This glove was probably used during the Great Depression when nothing was thrown away and top line gloves are a rarity. I'm Pretty good at glovin and a meticulusly patched seam glove would look kinda cool. That and save a glove!! Just gotta look for a great canidate.. Hopefully my General Burnside computer will get straighten out and I can document the project. Yours in gloves, Drokester
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion