A Glove Collector's Nightmare - Dave Cunningham's Story

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Re: A Glove Collector's Nightmare - Dave Cunningham's Story

Postby stockbuddy » May 28th, 2014, 7:51 pm

Hi theglovester,

It is the Cardinals. LOL

Dave
stockbuddy
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby theglovester » May 29th, 2014, 1:10 pm

Thanks Dave!! As a Reds fan, I still like the Cardinals, but just can't pull for them as long as the Reds have a chance!! They are a close #2 in my book. And who doesn't like the "Gas House Gang"?

Got something for ya, Not on your list of wishes, but have gotten good response from people who have been Drokesterized!! You are my next victim!!! Wish you and yours the best in your new home, and hope you like a little house warming gift from the Hills of East Tennessee.

P.S. previous victims please don't spoil the suprise!!

Yours in gloves.
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Postby stockbuddy » May 29th, 2014, 9:34 pm

Hey theglovester,

Now, you are starting to scare me. :shock: Thanks for sending something my way, I think. :P
I will keep in mind it is the thought that counts. However, when your package arrives I best be extra careful when I open it. Could it be worse than some of the Ebay surprises I have had over the years, when I opened up a box from a seller on Ebay. LOL

Thanks for your nice thoughts. I will let you know wnen it gets to my new home.

Have a great evening.

Dave
stockbuddy

Postby theglovester » June 2nd, 2014, 8:57 am

Hey Dave!! Putting the finishing touches on stuff, and about done...Down here in Dixie we normally don't have to ask, But since this is headed above the Mason Dixon Line kinda gotta play it safe...You have any relatives in the ATF, CIA, FBI??? just asking..No particular reason 8)
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Postby stockbuddy » June 2nd, 2014, 5:41 pm

:?: :?: Well, I do have a retired friend who used to be in the CIA. I do have a relative with the State Police. Hopefully this will be a safe package. LOL

Dave
stockbuddy

Postby theglovester » June 2nd, 2014, 10:58 pm

Don't worry Dave.... what I am sending you has been legal in 5 states... so far...Hey anticipation is part of the fun! Keep quite past victims, and you to Dave, after the experience!!!
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Postby theglovester » June 3rd, 2014, 2:55 pm

Dave!!! The rabbit has left the thicket!! THE RABBIT HAS LEFT THE THICKET :o !! Be on the look out for a delivery around Thursday/Friday!!

P.S. Again! Shangi-la is getting further compromised!! Our local Bar-b-cue resturant was voted the Best in Tennessee!!! Even better than Memphis bar-b-cue. The Ridgewood in good ol Piney Flats, tucked back two hollers over from our distillery that was on TV....Now if I can get Finding BigFoot here 8)
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Postby theglovester » June 5th, 2014, 8:07 am

Dave!!! update!! "The Rabbit is in you garden!!" Repeat "THE RABBIT IS IN YOUR GARDEN!!!" Follow instructions after capture....
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Postby stockbuddy » June 5th, 2014, 11:52 pm

Hello Don,

The rabbit has been caught. and it is quite unique :D Thank you so much for your kindness in sending me some very personalized items to help me restart my collecting in the glove hobby. . Love the old time glove holder and the cool hand carved baseball. Your grandfathers carved stick was also very interesting. When I get a glove for the collection I will put it on the the old barn stand and remember your kindness expressed towards me and my family.

Don, thank you again for the very nice surprise gifts that arrived in the mail today.

Best to you..
Dave
stockbuddy

Postby theglovester » June 10th, 2014, 9:09 am

The Glovester spoke to Dave Cunningham yesterday on the phone and he along with others are swaying my opinion of Northern Americans. Super guy and enjoyed our conversation. And he survived the "Drokesterification" with any ATF agent involvement... :lol: I viewed his glove video on youtube of his former collection and wept a tad.. I typed in "Dave Cunningham glove collection" in youtube search and there it is.
Take care Dave and who knows what may arrive from your southern glover friend in the future!! Hey...is that a rabbit over there???
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Postby stockbuddy » June 11th, 2014, 3:16 pm

Hi Don,

Yes, the rabbit is in the hands of the USPS. 8) When you open the package please be careful not to cut too deep on the package to protect the contents inside. :P

Very nice meeting you by phone the other day and if you are ever in Olney, IL feel free to stop in and we can meet each other in person and talk gloves

Dave
stockbuddy

Postby theglovester » June 11th, 2014, 8:50 pm

You the man Dave!! Thanks so much, Thunk and Idea for ya...another work in progress, will take a while but fun for me and right down your alley, may call in some Jeb Stuart cavalry on this one.
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Previous

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion