A glove collectors wife and a brothel dress???

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

A glove collectors wife and a brothel dress???

Postby theglovester » July 15th, 2013, 10:53 am

Hey all you glove collectors. hope this gives you a smile on a monday morning. There is not a glove collector on here that hasn't flew a really desired glove under the spousal radar...After completing a deal recently, my wife said you got how much!! oops :cry: .. So, you guessed it, my normally reserved wife needed a Brothel dress as she runs one at two reenactments (figuratively not literally) as Miss Sally Ann. Red lensed Lantern and all..Yeah, she side lines as a Madam :wink: ... Nice dress, red satin lacey hoop dress, Delivery wednesday.. Now matching hat, plumage, bumbershoot, purse. etc....

The Point I am making is Wives put up with a lot from us glove guys, I strew laces, parts etc.. everywhere when working on a glove and it is a mess at times, "Your cleaning that up!!" "Yess Mamam!!" But Pretty Sharon is a saint, Baseball pictures through out the house, glove cases in living room, Bat rack as furniture, Reds pennants in full view! yep all pass her inspection. But she did veto painting the hardwood floor with a green diamond and base lines left unpainted and reverse wainscoat (sic) paneling for a wooded outfield fence with scoreboard, In bedroom, Oh well...

Finding a wife like mine is awesome! Definetly not a Kardashian...and worth 3-4 new dresses :D

Got some pics in Grey, one is staged with a ball hanging from fishing line like back in the day. yeah kinda corny but for fun.

Love my civil war mitt, More of a prop than a glove so it doesn't count as my last TRUE glove, "Confederate Preferred" Oh, Looking like a grizzled johnny reb, trying to grow a beard :roll: busy putting up hay, gardens coming in, buying a hog...

Take care guys... DD Dean PM Pepper martin?

P.S. when looking for scrap leather to make a lemon peel baseball, better to ask permission to use an old purse than assume your wife has enough. Bad decision :shock:

ImageImage
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion