Spiderwebs, Gravy, an votn fer a yankee???

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Spiderwebs, Gravy, an votn fer a yankee???

Postby theglovester » June 10th, 2013, 3:40 pm

Hey guys, yep, your Johnny Reb Glove collector...Have been quite for a while, studying grammer, but have the garden in, over an acre, and bought a new Registered Angus bull, His daddy lives in Montana. You ever seen a female cow flirt, hillarous, Yeah go get a drink or run to the bathroom before you start perusing my yarn.

Hope this all finds you well, Getting ready for the 150th Gettysburg, will be a blast figuratively and literaly, fingerless fielders glove ready!! Will be wearing the grey, and I just voted for a yankee and a yankee fan????? Sir, thanks for your bravery and service and I sincerely hope you win!!! If so I will send you $15 for a beer for you and JD. Now i know why the south lost.. with arms like yours I now know why it took 3 yankees for every johnny reb..

Traveled up above Richmond Va. for a reenactment and did you all know that Sweet Tea and gravy does not exist in Northern Virginia?? explains their attitude and reaction about "thanks sweet heart" "Honey" etc.. weird...

Got a buy off ebay, I'm a sucker of Macgregor spider webs, and got a Thompson spider G108 for $80 shipping and all, sweet glove to go with my G105 mays, gc10bell, dang glove was Top line $25 new and this one needs a little cleaning but sweet! Why are the late 50's and 60's MacG not higher in demand?? they are awesome, Some one quoted on a JCL Reiser glove, I bidded on it also as I had one in the past but lost out. great glove.

My Rabbit Maranville is still a work in progress, but a dandy, guys keep looking and there are diamonds in the rough. I try to keep the collection down to 60 or so gloves and will be ebaying some soon. Hate to, as I have taken pictures and deleted them 2-3 times on gloves I have had for years that I thought I wanted to sell.. funny about that..

To the collector at huntington glove co. hope the leather splitter is doing ok? How has it worked out?? getting ready to do a rolled web glove like pictured in the RR on ebay a while back, got some pointers on exactly how it was done back in the day by Mr. Latina. and the splitter will come in handy.

Hey Joe, yeah the Reds got shellacked in the 10th last night, But it aint over...hope this finds you well.

Something to ponder guys, Why does $200 to long time collector friends seem like $20 on an ebay purchase??? Yeah I chunked out $80 for the spider web glove as mentioned above, and I feel cheated to a degree. Is it just my way of thinking??

take care guys and will post when my gloves go on ebay, and glove stands will come with all gloves, they are unique... hope to have some on before the 4th, yours in gloves Drokester
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Re: Spiderwebs, Gravy, an votn fer a yankee???

Postby mikesglove » June 10th, 2013, 5:31 pm

I saw that "Bob Thomson" G108 Spiderweb glove. It looked really nice and thought it would go pretty quickly.
mikesglove
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Re: Spiderwebs, Gravy, an votn fer a yankee???

Postby softball66 » June 11th, 2013, 1:27 pm

I remember my first "Spider Web" glove, a Jackie Jensen. I think MacGregor was trying to find something that would work there. Looked funky. Who do we know on the Spiders: Kiner, Jensen, Thomson?
I think the Cardinals 7 runs in the 10th was a buffet inning, "all you can get!"
I say, "break up the Cardinals. They lead the N. L. in pitching and hitting and batting something like .350 with runners in scoring position. Don't have to worry much about fielding I guess.
:lol:
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion