glove repair by member NUMBER 9

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

glove repair by member NUMBER 9

Postby theglovester » April 8th, 2013, 10:07 pm

Well Number 9, I don't know if we have ever met, or dealt in gloves before, but I have known Jim, Joe, Robbie L, Mark and others from the get go of Joe's glove collector newsletter. Yeah, back when our hair was still brown and not grey!! LOL... My name is Don Droke in east Tennessee and tried my hand in glove repair and I am not bad but cannot hold a candle to your expertise. Awesome, I also hand sew split thumb seams back through the SAME HOLES they were originally sewn through, yeah I'm good for about 3 inches of a seam and then my eyes cross, But if not through the original holes, then it ain't right!!! Donor linings, done it, saved old piping and reused, yep. how many know that rolled piping gets sewn twice.. UGH, and wouldn't it be easier if the patches were like nokona or wing back rawlings and free from the piping... I have a few hints on things I have done if you want give me a holler and we can share hints, take care and if I get a hold of something I can't handle I will give you a call, take care, Yours in Gloves, Drokester 423-794-8953

P.S. never used leather glue and canvas on the inside to firm up for grommets or to blend two inner lining to make a patched lining like you did on the cobb glove. sweet!!!
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Re: glove repair by member NUMBER 9

Postby Number9 » April 10th, 2013, 12:19 am

Thanks, Drokester! Nice to see you're back in the game. I've learned a few tricks over the years but I always have room for more. Drop me a line anytime. william@huntingtonbaseballco.com
Huntington Base Ball Co.
www.HuntingtonBaseBallCo.com
Number9
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion