New guy with a research question

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

New guy with a research question

Postby Randall » May 23rd, 2007, 12:15 am

Since I’m new at collecting, I’ve started by looking for gloves from players I have a fondness for; the first being Ron Cey. He played 3rd base with the Dodgers for a long time… always was my favorite player.

Then I found a Wilson Ron Cey model (made in Taiwan). I was really surprised how much I liked the glove- not just because the endorser.

In all my net searching I cant really find much about these gloves. I did find a McGregor Ron Cey model- but again, I don’t know anything about it. Looks like a early 70’s version… probably an import, but it might be fun for the collection ☺

Does anyone here know anything about these gloves?

Thanks!

~Randy
Randall
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby Thudhugger » May 23rd, 2007, 1:43 am

Randy I have one of the Macgregor models, In Joe Phillips Baseball Glove Finder Catalog It shows Ron Cey as having several Macgregor models:G9T, MAG, MG10, MG15, 187T, 801844. But only one Wilson model the A2130.

I'd have to dig out my Cey glove to find out which one I have.

Welcome to the club from another Newbie. Hope this info helps and good hunting

Thud
Thudhugger
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Randall » May 23rd, 2007, 4:16 pm

Thanks Thud!

Thats more info then I've found after a week on the net!

The Mac glove I did come across had "MAG" written in the palm... I think I'll pick that one up and continue looking for the others.

I may have come across a second model of the Wilson also; more to come on both.

Thanks again!

~Randy
Randall
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby Thudhugger » May 24th, 2007, 12:55 am

Randy, Glad I could help, but I can't take the credit Joe P's "Player Autograph Baseball Glove Finder" was $12.00 buck well spent. it's far from complete but it give's you a good idea of what gloves are out there for lots of players.

I dug out my Cey glove and it is a Macgregor model but it isn't on the list I read to you. Mine is a K2397 Leftie.

Cheers

Thud
Thudhugger
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion