Rawlings HPG 1 Glove

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Rawlings HPG 1 Glove

Postby russrose » March 2nd, 2013, 6:23 pm

Can't find any references to a Rawlings HPG 1 glove anywhere. It is in mint condition and I suspect it dates back to the 70's. There is no player name on it. Among other things it says "for the professional player." Any comments, insights would be appreciated. Thanks.
russrose
Rookie Glove Poster

Re: Rawlings HPG 1 Glove

Postby mikesglove » March 2nd, 2013, 10:13 pm

I think I had one of those at one time. Does it have the H-web? It was one of Rawlings top unendorsed models. It should have "Heart of Hide" stamped with a bull logo in the pocket. If yours is mint, you will get a lot of money for it on the "Modern Glove Forum" or even ebay. The H-web models are super collectible because of the influence of Mickey Mantle's H-web game glove design. Rawlings later came out with an XPG-H then the HPG models. Mine is pretty beat as you can see and I sold it way to low at $60 and it was turned around and sold on ebay for about $100
hpg3c.jpg
hpg3a.jpg
hpg3.jpg
mikesglove
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Re: Rawlings HPG 1 Glove

Postby russrose » March 3rd, 2013, 5:14 pm

It does have heart of the hide in the pocket but it differs in that on the front it says fastback model and beneath that it says "HolDster with a very large "D". Additionally there is a strap on the bottom of the glove that can be tightened or loosened. If I knew how to post a picture I would do it but, alas, I am much older than the glove and I haven't figured that out yet. Thanks.
russrose
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion