ABX stick on hand

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

ABX stick on hand

Postby theglovester » February 21st, 2013, 11:35 am

Thanks to Mike Egner in Idaho for hooking me up with a great double buckle spalding mitt, top line from the teens, and good ol Jim Daniel for the white crescent mitt on his website, not perfect but hey it works for me!! It has proof it caught a ball in the 1900's-1910's. good enough for my collection! Thanks guys!! I will try and post some pics of the collection soon. Mike sent me a couple gloves to fix up for him and will get them done soon so check with him on my quality of work. I can resew a busted thumb seam to look as it never happened, got my Hornsby lowe & campbell an Ott Higgins for $20 each on ebay because of the busted thumb seam, can't tell it now, I hand sewn them back through the original holes, after i turned the glove inside out!!

Been working on my wood working shop and have a goal of building a baseball bat bench as pictured on page 57 of BASEBALL SMITHSONIAN by Stephen Wong, only problem is that the cheapest bats are around $20 each and that puts cost at $500 for bats only!!! not an option, so I guess there is a use for $2 flea market bats, I have one now I need only 24 more, at least something to look for . if anyone is interested, let me build mine first and mess it up so I will know how to build them if someone on here wants one later. just a cool use for old unendorsed store bats from the 80's on up.

Something to thing about... When sitting in traffic, walking in a mall, or at a major league game, how many there have HOH mantles, HH haddix (the Catch) Ruth, Gehrig, Dimaggio etc gloves or a crescent glove made BEFORE humans flew or the Titanic sank. thats one reason this hobby is so cool
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion