Nocona Glove History Book

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Nocona Glove History Book

Postby softball66 » February 11th, 2013, 1:57 pm

Many of your purchased our Nocona Glove History Book which the Company and I published a few years ago. We have decided to put out a second edition by expanding and revising our first edition and adding more
recent history of the company. Luckily Nolan Ryan, the Texas Rangers President, and a guy who used to pitch some major league ball, has become a spokesman for the company and we'll be including some thoughts
and pictures of Nolan's Little League Days in Alvin, Texas. Ryan is featured in the latest Nokona catalog. At any rate, we are soliciting suggestions for the 2nd edition of the history from you folks. What you would like to have added or discussed in the newest version.
Thanks
Joe :idea:
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Re: Nocona Glove History Book

Postby cbrandis » February 11th, 2013, 2:40 pm

Joe,
great idea. and some Ryan stuff to boot!!
How about some pics of the prototype gloves that the company tried out but decided against. Years ago, i remember seeing some of these in their offices (green leather versions, others, too).
Actually, just lots of pics of as many gloves as possible.
thanks.
cb
cbrandis
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby ebbets55 » February 12th, 2013, 2:01 pm

Hi Joe, I love it! I'll buy another copy. The first one was great. I would love to see some endorser dating info or catalog pages as Nokona catalogs aren't as prevalent as we would think. Thanks.

JD
ebbets55
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby orangekrate » February 13th, 2013, 9:45 am

Hey Joe -

Wow, I must have missed that one - sounds cool. Can you send me the details on how to purchase? Or point me to them if they're online here.

Thanks!
Bruce
orangekrate
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion