Great New Glove/Equipment book from Dugout Treasures

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Re: Great New Glove/Equipment book from Dugout Treasures

Postby scottnoble » April 25th, 2012, 10:28 pm

Great Book,I enjoy the stories especially,sorry but I can't help wishing that some of those beautifull pictures were to lure in buyers though,Scott
scottnoble
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby Deacon » June 6th, 2012, 6:14 pm

There's not much more to say about Jonathan & family's book that hasn't already been said. Jonathan & I recently concluded a little trade which I had asked for a copy of his book to seal the deal....great closer of the trade.
The imagery was terrific, the layout of the memorbilia pieces and quality of the photography are just outstanding. I really enjoyed the stories of the hunt, I've made numerous Cooperstown trips and I had the sense of being there again.
Great job....now you have to continue adding to your collection & come out with volume II.
I wish you well & this would be a great Father's day gift, not only for collectors, but just for baseball fans.
Deacon
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby eleet » July 10th, 2012, 10:44 pm

I had the fortune of making a trade with Jonathan last week. He was generous enough to include his book in the deal, which I was really looking forward to. The book is superb! The pictures immediately grab your attention and the stories are so captivating. There are practically no antique sport stores or flee markets in my area; while reading the book I felt myself longing for that kind of atmosphere. There is just something about the thrill of the hunt that Jonathan talks about. I especially envy and admire his closeness with his father and brother. I imagine it makes collecting that much more special when you have someone to share it with!
eleet
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby rondonmb » July 13th, 2012, 10:50 am

Jonathan, amazing book! I had purchased the book for Father's Day and my Dad loves it. Not only are the pictures amazing, but the stories capture the true essense of collecting. This is a must have for any collecter's library.

-Mike
rondonmb
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby buzzy12 » February 27th, 2013, 7:03 pm

I'm at awe right now as I just received my copy of Dugout Treasures from Jonathan. Since I was 9 years old while growing up in New York my dad and I did nothing but hunt for Baseball memorabilia. We amassed a collection for a 20 year period that was one to be very proud of. But when I was 30ish life and times for me financially took over and selling that collection and items where I vividly remember when and where we got them became reality. What Jonathan put together here is not only a book on his collection, but more a passion shared among two brothers and their father that will be captured forever in print. I brought this book over to my dad to show him and he hasn't put it down....the first thing he asked me..."Do you remember...blah blah blah...And that is what this book is doing, it has brought back the greatest memories ever... not the memories of things we had but memories of my dad and I finding the things we had.
Thank you Jonathan for an amazing tribute to us baseball collectors and your amazing collection and stories (which I will be reading fully tonight) but honestly more importantly for me...It brings back so many incredible memories of my childhood...on the hunt with my dad ! I'm thrilled to be back collecting what I love and a book like this reminds me why I do it.
OH and whenever you want to get rid of any of those "White Gloves" on the "White Glove" page you just let me know.....lol.
buzzy12
Rookie Glove Poster

Previous

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion