Forum Get-Together Chicago National 2011

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Re: Forum Get-Together Chicago National 2011

Postby ScottWNJ » June 28th, 2011, 11:44 pm

Would love to go, but it's too far for me. I'll be there in spirit. Have fun.

Scott
Scott W NJ
ScottWNJ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby Number9 » June 29th, 2011, 9:21 pm

okdoak wrote:I will be there either Friday or Saturday. Are you going to have your booth set up until the end of the show?

Definitely. We'll be set up from open to close, Wednesday til Sunday. Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Huntington Base Ball Co.
www.HuntingtonBaseBallCo.com
Number9
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby murphusa » July 21st, 2011, 2:26 pm

you might want to go

Rare Films from the Baseball Hall Of Fame will run at the Block Cinema Friday, August 5 at 7:30 p.m. The event will be hosted by David Filipi of the Wexner Center in Columbus, Ohio, who will treat baseball fans to very old movies from the Baseball Hall Of Fame of some of the game’s most influential players, such as Jackie Robinson and Ty Cobb. The classic 1935 World Series, which saw the Chicago Cubs take on the Detroit Tigers, will also be shown, but hopefully they leave out the whole “Cubs lose in game six” thing.
Hell Bent for Leather
murphusa

Postby vintagebrett » July 25th, 2011, 1:37 pm

One week from today William and I will be on our way to Chicago. We'll be white vanning it Mike and Frank style - Mr. Mitt has agreed to be our Danielle and get us some leads. :)

I hope to see many of you at the show. Make sure to stop by booth 542 and introduce yourself. If you need a place to sit down, we have chairs that rarely get used during the show, so if you're tired and need to rest, our booth is your booth. As for gloves, right now my inventory list is just over 160 and I know that William has a bunch as well. There will be gloves from the turn of the century up into the 1970's. There a bunch of sewn webs, off label models, affordable well made gloves from the 1930's and 40's, high end personal models from the 50's and 60's and everything in between. Not only do we have tons of gloves but there are over 60 vintage baseballs (many in their original box), vintage bats, uniforms, autographs, catalogs, postcards, pins, advertising, photos, etc. We'd like the van to be a lot emptier on the way back so we are there to sell - if you see something you like, it never hurts to make an offer - and the more you buy, the better deal you'll get. William will also have many of the offerings from his website and will be demonstrating his baseball stitching skills in the booth. So, who's going to be there??
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby murphusa » July 25th, 2011, 2:27 pm

While you guys are taking this nice long ride of yours, why don't you list your merchandise so those who can't make it to the national may have a change to buy something from you.

I have always found it interesting when a dealer says they are saving something for the National. Our money is a different color?
Hell Bent for Leather
murphusa

Postby vintagebrett » July 25th, 2011, 2:44 pm

I'm still working on my inventory but can post a list if I remember. I'll also be updating my site when I get back with a bunch of stuff. If there is something specific anyone needs, let me know.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby jpop43 » July 25th, 2011, 3:19 pm

I'll see everyone next year back in Baltimore.
jpop43
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Kenny Wel » August 1st, 2011, 8:26 am

I am ignorant as to what "The National" is. What goes on there? Is it more than glove vendors? Is it hosted in a different city each year?

Thanks,
Ken
Kenny Wel
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby murphusa » August 1st, 2011, 1:15 pm

Have fun everyone.
Hell Bent for Leather
murphusa

Postby stockbuddy » August 1st, 2011, 4:45 pm

I too wish I could join the glove crew at Nationals but won't be able too. Have fun!!!

Dave
stockbuddy

Postby Studboy » August 1st, 2011, 8:21 pm

Kenny Wel, the "National" is the National Sports collectors convention. I does change locations annualy & is loaded with all kinds of sports collectibles, especially cards. Here is a link to the nationals website:

http://www.nsccshow.com/
Studboy
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Kenny Wel » August 1st, 2011, 10:52 pm

Thanks, Studboy, for the link. It does look like fun. I'll have to consider keeping the dates free for Baltimore next summer.

Ken
Kenny Wel
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » August 3rd, 2011, 7:50 am

Just a brief update on the show. We started setting up on Tuesday - didn't have much of a chance to get anything out and people were making piles and buying stuff left and right - it was great! Got to see a bunch of familiar faces and meet some new ones as well. Didn't get to walk around much yesterday and only about 1/3 dealers were setting up but there were some gloves. Today is a long day - 8 to 8 but I'm jacked and ready to go. We went to the ball game in Milwaukee last night and had a blast.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby stockbuddy » August 3rd, 2011, 11:36 pm

Hi Brett,

Thanks for the up-date on the Natioanl convention. Tell all hi for me and please keep us up-dated on any good stories. LOL

Sounds like you are getting some interest in the gloves too. Cool!!!

Dave
stockbuddy

Postby okdoak » August 4th, 2011, 2:28 am

Well, it ain't Fenway, but Miller Park is a great place to see a game! :D Hope to see you and William at the National on Saturday. There's a rumor that long lost RBD may be attending also. Sorry, didn't mean to scare you.
okdoak

PreviousNext

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion