Forum Get-Together Chicago National 2011

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Forum Get-Together Chicago National 2011

Postby Number9 » February 16th, 2011, 5:26 pm

Hi Guys. I'm looking to gauge interest in a glove collector get-together during the week of the National this summer in Chicago. The dates for the show are August 3-7. All are welcome, bring the family if you'd like. Most of the meeting and greeting was done in the booth last year but we also had a gathering at Camden Yards. For this year, considering the show schedule, it looks like Thursday August 4 will work best. The White Sox are home against the Yankees and have a night game scheduled. I'd like to know if this is of interest to anyone, and if so, how many tickets you'd like. Ticket prices range from around $40-60 for Yankee games. The location and price will be largely dictated by how many people want to go and where we can get seated together. Please post your interest here in the thread and let me know how many tickets you'd like. Once we have a final tally I'll let everyone know what the options are and I'll handle the ticket purchase. I've never been to US Cellular so if anyone out there has, and would like to offer up some knowledge of where to sit with a large group, etc, please let me know. Thanks!

Me + 1
Brett (Travis too?)
Jared
Chris
Rob
Last edited by Number9 on February 19th, 2011, 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Huntington Base Ball Co.
www.HuntingtonBaseBallCo.com
Number9
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Re: Forum Get-Together Chicago National 2011

Postby vintagebrett » February 16th, 2011, 5:39 pm

I'm in for anything. Should be fun trying to make it from Rosemont to US Cellular - traffic should be a breeze! 8)
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby Number9 » February 16th, 2011, 6:11 pm

Trains run 24/7. Blue line to the Red line. If anyone has any pull within the Cubs organization and can get them to play a night game at Wrigley that week, that would work too. Fewer transit issues. :D

I'm all for meeting up Downtown or in Wrigleyville too, whatever works.
Huntington Base Ball Co.
Number9

Postby briggs86 » February 16th, 2011, 9:14 pm

Count me in guys. William US Cellular is a neat park, not good old Comiskey but yet a neat park! I went this past fall and sat with a large group out in right field, plenty of action in the corner. Excited to put faces with names and forum ids.

Jared
briggs86
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby cjw » February 17th, 2011, 10:38 pm

I intend to be there, but the Thursday may be tough. Pls put me down for a tentative single seat and I will xo firm soon. Thanks! Chris
WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game used items and Vancouver baseball items -Capilanos, Mounties, Canadians
cjw
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby GloveCrazy » February 18th, 2011, 9:39 pm

It all depends on how my projects at work are going, but I'm considering going to the Chicago National, and would love to attend a game if I can make it work. Pencil me in.
Trade with Rob
GloveCrazy

Postby Number9 » February 19th, 2011, 12:30 am

Anyone out there a White Sox fan, or attend a lot of White Sox games? I'd like to keep this open as long as possible, but being a Red Sox fan, I'm always nervous about having the ticket window close on me before I can get tickets, which it already has in Boston. Is the end of March a good target date to wrap this up? When all is tallied up, I'd figure we're looking at around a group of 20 or so, all in the same area, for a game against the Yankees. Should I shorten the window? Not worry about it?
Last edited by Number9 on February 19th, 2011, 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Huntington Base Ball Co.
Number9

Postby okdoak » February 19th, 2011, 1:26 am

I plan to make it to the National, but most likely just for one day, probably Friday or Saturday. Either way, I'm sure I will make a beeline to your booth.
okdoak

Postby vintagebrett » February 19th, 2011, 7:55 am

I moved this to the main section because I know some people don't read the other one.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby BigD-Moonlight » February 19th, 2011, 6:25 pm

William,
Great idea for the get together at the the new (kind of) Comisky Ballpark. I plan on only being at the show on Tues/Wed or Wed/Thur and have some other business while in Chicago, so I will not be able to make it to the game on Thursday evening but hope to see a lot of folks at the convention. Last years game at Camden Yard was a lot of fun.
John
BigD-Moonlight
BigD-Moonlight
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » February 19th, 2011, 6:40 pm

William, I'm sure Travis will go. He got Red Sox/Cubs tix today so maybe you can arrange a trade. 8)
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby Number9 » February 19th, 2011, 11:13 pm

vintagebrett wrote:William, I'm sure Travis will go. He got Red Sox/Cubs tix today so maybe you can arrange a trade. 8)

Of course he did. :roll: That's it, I'm changing my name to Lowman.
Huntington Base Ball Co.
Number9

Postby vintagebrett » June 28th, 2011, 3:46 pm

Well, we are almost a month away from the 2011 National! I've been readying my inventory and William and I have planned out the booth and are preparing for the long drive. We'll have tons of gloves in our booth - probably over 200 - so there will be plenty to choose from. Early 20th century stuff all the way into the 1960's will be represented. Make sure to stop by the booth and say hi. Who's going to the show?
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby Number9 » June 28th, 2011, 6:15 pm

As for the game, we're still planning on going to at least one, probably two. We don't have tickets in hand but it's not looking like it will be problem.
Huntington Base Ball Co.
Number9

Postby okdoak » June 28th, 2011, 11:05 pm

I will be there either Friday or Saturday. Are you going to have your booth set up until the end of the show?
okdoak

Next

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion