no spot! no!

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

no spot! no!

Postby spedrunr » March 14th, 2007, 12:24 am

spedrunr
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » March 14th, 2007, 12:33 pm

Yes, bad dog! I'm surprised we don't see more gloves chewed up by dogs. Just this morning, I had three students bring back books that their dogs had snacked on. :roll:
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby drasher81 » March 14th, 2007, 3:29 pm

When I was playing in High School someone lost a nice vintage Made in the USA Wilson a2000 that was his fathers old glove to his dog. It chewed the back of the wrist area almost off, but left the rest of the glove untouched. He was going to throw it but I saved it and have it to this day, the glove was in phenomenal condition for being 20+ years old and I figured I could use the glove for donor parts since the web was totally untouched.
drasher81

Postby spedrunr » March 15th, 2007, 1:00 am

u could send it to kenny jenkins to have a strap put back on and make it a gamer

hey vintagebrett, what grade do you teach? i teach highschool algebra here in AZ
spedrunr

Teachers en force on VBGF!

Postby Cowboy7130 » March 15th, 2007, 2:20 am

See, I knew you guys were my kind of people ... I teach English, grades 6-12, at an alternative discipline school here in TX. Some of these kids are mighty rough, but some of them are pretty cool kids who just made some wrong decisions and need a little help and a little structure to get back on track. Not surprisingly to me, BASEBALL has been a big motivator this spring. As a former high school baseball coach, I longed to get back on a diamond and hit some fungo as the early spring rolled around. Well, it turns out that the administration let me let some of the boys bring their gloves to school, and we have had baseball instruction 2 days a week at PE time. The kids love it, I love it, and I have noticed a positive improvement in the attitudes of the kids I get to work with.

Baseball is good medicine! :D
Yes, I still have my first glove.
Cowboy7130
Gold Glove Poster

Not only gloves but dogs attack alligators

Postby softball66 » March 15th, 2007, 6:01 pm

Here's a shot of a pack of vicious dogs taking on an alligator. Think what they could do with your old horsehide glove? Makes you shiver.
(and hey Cowboy, don't forget it was playing baseball that got a wild young Babe Ruth through St. Mary's correctional school)

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245 ... igator.jpg

:)
softball66

Postby spedrunr » March 15th, 2007, 7:43 pm

haha, nice pix joe :)
spedrunr

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion