Rawlings HH

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Rawlings HH

Postby V-Anchored » March 3rd, 2007, 10:25 am

Has anyone heard any more about the possibility of Rawlings reissuing the HH model?

Thanks,

Jim
V-Anchored
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby mudman » March 3rd, 2007, 3:41 pm

There was mention of that a few months back in this forum. I think that someone said they are comming out with one this spring. I think that Joe Phillips has some info on it.
mudman
Veteran Glove Poster

Latest

Postby softball66 » March 4th, 2007, 2:53 pm

I've not checked lately but the PM1 (the big Playmaker) and HH were in the works at Rawlings for remakes and I think sometime this spring was the release date.
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby MVALZ » March 4th, 2007, 9:59 pm

Looking forward to those! Would love to hear about the new Spalding Vintage line too if anyones tried them on :?:
MVALZ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby BretMan » March 5th, 2007, 10:55 am

Speaking of reproductions...

I mentioned this on another thread. One surprise glove from this past Christmas was a black Nokona "Joe Jackson" repro that is a nice little glove. Though for what my wife paid for it, I could almost have gotten a new Nokona "gamer" to use this summer!

The other glove given to me over the holidays was the Akadema reproduction of the Ken-Wel Dazzy Vance model. What a gorgeous piece of leather! No short cuts here- this is a well-made quality glove, identical to the Vance model we all know and love, right down to the large Ken-Wel patch on the back and shiny new buckle on the wrist strap.

For all the old gloves I have handled and seen, it's really cool to imagine a vintage glove in perfect mint, right out of the box condition. These repro gloves give us a chance see what these gloves were like before years of use, abuse and aging.
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby dwknowles » March 7th, 2007, 1:21 pm

I need to contact Bob at Rawlings for a project he was supposed to be working on for me anyway, so I will ask him again about the Repro gloves.
dwknowles
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby dwknowles » March 19th, 2007, 6:58 pm

I got ahold of Bob today. He said that they are working on the Musial glove right now. Didn't really get to involved in the HH discussion becuase we were talking about some other stuff. Seems Rawlings hopes to have the Musial playmaker put to bed by mid April. Bob would be happy if it is done by May 1st. Rawlings apparently is very proud of the re-issue effort and is looking at nice price tag for the gloves. Nothing is for sure, but $300 - $500 figures have been thrown around, despite the rumblings that price might be a bit cashy. It is all still up in the air a bit so who knows for sure. I would guess the HH will come out with the Musial, or a short bit after.
dwknowles
Veteran Glove Poster

$300 bucks for a new old Rawlings glove?

Postby Kenwel » March 27th, 2007, 10:06 pm

Akadema sells their Ken-Wel /Reach remakes for $60 and the quality and detail is pretty impressive. I think I'll buy a old Rawlings grade A vintage glove off of ebay before I buy a $300 Rawlings remake.
Kenwel
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion