TPX Pro Flare's

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

TPX Pro Flare's

Postby Hrking4675 » February 26th, 2007, 3:08 am

Just curious what everyone's opinion on the TPX Pro Flares was? I just bought one of the Pro issue ones off Ebay that I have only found on Ballgloves.com as well (CB1150). I had tried on the 1151FL this summer and was unsure. The price on Ebay for this one was right, so I figured I would give it a shot. I usually flare the fingers out with my Rawlings gloves, but this one seems a little too mechanical.
Hrking4675
Gold Glove Poster

Postby golfswing » February 27th, 2007, 11:22 pm

Can you tell me a little more about the Flare you picked up? My son has been looking online for one but has not been able to find one locally to try on. How does the leather compare to a HOH? How stiff is it? Are the thumb and pinkie locked in the flare position or can they be repositioned if you don't like the flare? What is the lining like? Any other comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
golfswing
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Hrking4675 » March 3rd, 2007, 3:03 am

I got the CB1150, its a pro/ college only issue, but you can get it at ballgloves.com. The leather happens to be very nice. Its thick and very stiff. I like the whole lamenated palm as well, it keeps the surface smooth and flat. As for the shape, if you dont like the flared fingers, DO NOT BUY one. It seems like there are inserts towars the tips of the pinky and thumb that are really not worth trying to mess around with.
Hrking4675
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion