Pictures of a few 1920s players w/gloves

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Pictures of a few 1920s players w/gloves

Postby okdoak » June 4th, 2009, 10:35 pm

These came from "Baseball's Golden Age, The Photographs of Charles M. Conlon". I'll try to remember not to delete them like I did with the 1950-60s photos I posted before. Sorry about the scans.
Carl Hubbell with a Bill Doak. I can see the Bill Doak Glove patch with a magnifying glass (probably impossible to see in my crappy scan). The picture is dated 1929 in the book.

Babe Adams with a Ken Wel circa 1924. Not sure if that pre-dates their Dazzy Vance model?

Rogers Hornsby with a 3-finger model (1924 again).

Wish the scans were clearer :?
okdoak
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby Number9 » June 5th, 2009, 2:17 am

Has anyone ever seen a Doak with a tunnel web before? Probably an addition made by the equipment manager, still pretty neat.

Don't feel bad about the scans. Everyone should own that book anyway. Conlon was amazing. You look at some of the other photographers from the same era and he makes them look like they're taking snap shots with a disposable camera.
Number9
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Re: Pictures of a few 1920s players w/gloves

Postby Yanks23 » August 13th, 2017, 1:56 pm

Howdy all. Does anyone have a Babe Adams Ken Wel? I don't recall seeing any pics. Also, is anyone holding a Hornsby 3 from circa 1924 as referenced in this post that they would be willing to sell or trade? If so (on either glove), hit me up: timwhitman@comcast.net.

-- Tim
Yanks23
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion