Hello from Southern California!

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Hello from Southern California!

Postby Rickybulldog » December 21st, 2006, 12:45 pm

Hello everyone,
My name is Ricky Anderson and I've been collecting vintage equipment now for about 9 years now. My collecting interest include: Pre 40's baseball gloves, Vintage cabinet photos, wool uniforms, bats, and trophies. Brett, this is a great site............................................RBD

P.S. If you have questions on trade items or want to buy, send me an email.
Last edited by Rickybulldog on August 19th, 2009, 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rickybulldog
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby KeyMan » January 15th, 2007, 9:21 pm

Hello Ricky,

I visited your website, and saw the picture of your collectibles. Great Room. I am currently displaying my gloves on a dowel drilled into a block of wood. After looking at the picture of your collection I seemed to notice that you might be using some kind of acrylic object to display your gloves, or a "collectible plate holder?" What is it that you are using to display your gloves? - Steven
KeyMan Collectibles
http://keymancollectibles.com/
KeyMan
Rookie Glove Poster

Gloves

Postby Rickybulldog » January 16th, 2007, 1:16 am

"Good Eye" is what I would tell you. Yes, they are acrylic plate holders. I really like using these rather than the wooden ones because they look better in the case. I also make sure I put some felt on the bottom of the plate holder so that I do not scratch the glass. I really enjoyed your informative site. A catcher's mask endorsed by Mickey Mantle? Bizarre.. :shock: I know someone in SOCAL who used the wooden dowels to display their gloves. That is a very neat idea and great for displaying. He said he got the idea from the Hall of Fame, but I could've been mistaken. Well best of luck in your collecting. (To everyone) I'm still looking for old gloves, trophies, and uniforms!!!! I want to see what all of you glovers/collectors have available................RBD
Rickybulldog
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Re: Gloves

Postby KeyMan » January 16th, 2007, 10:23 pm

Rickybulldog wrote:"Good Eye" is what I would tell you. Yes, they are acrylic plate holders. ........ A catcher's mask endorsed by Mickey Mantle? Bizarre.. ..............RBD

I will have to go out and find some plate holders, good idea.. I like it.

Mickey Mantle endorsed everything. Besides the catchers mask, he endorsed shin guards, and a chest protector. All made by Hawthorne. There has to be a catchers mitt out there somewhere. I'll have to get my hands on one. Has anyone ever seen one?
KeyMan Collectibles
http://keymancollectibles.com/
KeyMan
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion