Cooperstown Visit

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Cooperstown Visit

Postby burker72 » November 15th, 2006, 1:04 am

I'll write more later, but just wanted to post that I took my 3 year old daughter to the Hall of Fame today. We had a great trip. Given that I was with Grace I didn't get as much time to pour over the gloves as I normally would, but I did get a few good pics. Sorry I didn't get more, but the cases are sometimes too dimly lit and the reflection of the flash kills the pic. Glove pics of Cy Young, Ruth, Mantle (glove from Larsen's Perfect Game - Rawlings HH, and Mays ("The Catch" glove - also a Rawlings HH) did not come out. Most of the pre-war glove were indiscernable with regards to stampings so it was a bit hard telling from the palm who the makers were. Here are a few of the better pics...

Here are various turn of the century gloves, including a pair of fingerless workman gloves at the top...

A DiMaggio rolled lace web

A Gehrig glove...not a Ken Wel but a Spalding
burker72
Veteran Glove Poster

The Mays and Mantle HHs

Postby softball66 » November 15th, 2006, 10:06 am

We'd done a story years ago in the newsletter about Craig Liddle (Giants pitcher Don Liddle's son) donating his "The Catch" glove, given to him by Mays and used and abused a bit afterwards by young Liddle.
The Mantle HH I believe is on loan from Dennis Esken and came originally out of the Baxter Springs Holiday Inn Museum years ago.
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion