Home Run Glove

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Home Run Glove

Postby KeyMan » November 12th, 2006, 4:49 pm

Hello,

I bought this glove some time ago because the "HOME RUN" caught my eye. I remember a glove line Babe Ruth endorsed, "Home Run fielders gloves", and thought it might be related or from the same time period. I suspect it might be a copy cat company taking advantage of the "Home Run Fielders Glove" popularity. does anyone have some insight or information on this glove?

It's a nice solid glove with a neatly repaired strap with the markings "HOME RUN - Field's Glove" I believe the following line reads "Fullyoiled Full Lined" It looks like (Gullyoiled but...?)
here are some pictures:

Thank You Steven keyMan
KeyMan Collectibles
http://keymancollectibles.com/
KeyMan
Rookie Glove Poster

Japanese maker????

Postby crackofthebat » November 12th, 2006, 5:40 pm

Is the glove made in Japan? Looks like "Japanese" leather.
crackofthebat
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby KeyMan » November 12th, 2006, 6:44 pm

Hello,

I don't see any other markings on the glove nor does it seem to have had any Manufacturers tag at any time. Because of the flash the color of the glove as it appears in the picture is a little off. It isn't as yellow as it appears in the picture. There is a green cloth lining behind the strap. It also has two small circular stamps that seems to read 49 depending on which way you hold it, could be 56 or 69 if that mean anything? you might be able to see it in the picture. Top left thumb area. I'll post a close up if you think it's important. it looks like it was hand stamped not printed on.

Thanks Steven
KeyMan Collectibles
http://keymancollectibles.com/
KeyMan
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion