Questions for our newsletter

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Questions for our newsletter

Postby softball66 » October 25th, 2006, 1:29 pm

We're planning on doing a story on the '50s to '80s top-line, store models often stamped as personal models such as the heart of the hide Rawlings, MacGregors, Spaldings, etc. What would be interesting is to see which of the non-endorsed and endorsed gloves would be most popular for our collectors. On the endorsed sides like the Rawlings, MC, HH, HSP, TG12, XPG3s and XPG6s etc. and the non-endorsed XPG1, XFG1, XFCP for instance and the USA made A2000s. We'd love some input from the glove forum guys on both of these. The time frame would cover most of the USA made gloves as Wilson stopped U.S. production in 1983 we think. All input will be welcome
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby mudman » October 25th, 2006, 8:44 pm

Joe;

I will really look forward to that article, since this is the time frame that I am most interested in.

I really love the HOH's. Especially the XPGP, and the TGP models, both non endorsedmodels. The step down palm models are really special to me. Also just about any of the X models that came out in the mid 60's right on through the early 70's, I felt these were as nice of ball gloves that have ever been produced. As far as endorsed ones go, I am really partial to the MM, TG12, and MMP's.

Thanks
mudman
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby spedrunr » December 15th, 2006, 11:48 pm

hey mudman, i too have a soft heart (of the hide) for the cool XPGP, TGP and any other PALM models. the trapeze mods are also a weekness. i've only been able pick up beater model XPGP's and a decent MOD-Trap TTP i'd love to trade a few pix if you have any of the above models

ed
spedrunr
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion