Rawlings Bill Stafford Trapeze finds it's rightful home

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Rawlings Bill Stafford Trapeze finds it's rightful home

Postby glove-works » October 11th, 2006, 9:58 pm

This is a great story!

I recently picked up a Rawlings R300T Trapeze model from the 1960's endorsed by former Yankee pitcher Bill Stafford. I had posted it on my site for sale/trade, and received an interesting inquiry from a Mike Stafford...turns out Bill was his Dad (Bill passed away in 1999), and while he had many pieces of memorabilia from his Dad's playing day's, a glove such as this was not one of them. This is the second time something like this has occured in my short time collecting/restoring gloves, and I must say, it's more rewarding that finding that diamond in the rough.

Just thought I would share this one with everyone!
Glove-Works
Home of "the Works"
Glove Repair/Restoration & Sales
www.glove-works.com
glove-works
Gold Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » October 11th, 2006, 10:14 pm

Mike

That's an awesome story. I had a similiar experiene last winter with an Alex Sparra glove. His family contacted me and said they didn't know that one of his endorsed gloves existed. Apparently he got called up to the Major Leagues and was injured before he was able to play a game - he never got another shot. The family was absolutely fabulous to deal with and helped fill in the holes I had found when researching who he was. I spent a couple hours talking with his son who was very generous with his time and stories. This was also one of my favorite experiences in the glove hobby!
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Heart Warming

Postby softball66 » October 12th, 2006, 7:55 pm

G.W. that's the best feeling of all when a family member seeking a rare glove of their family member contacts you for the glove. That's happened to many of our hobby guys listing and nothing is more gratifying. Way to Go!!!!
:lol:
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion