Rawlings HOH laces

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Rawlings HOH laces

Postby golfswing » October 9th, 2006, 11:30 am

Where can I purchase laces to re-lace a Rawlings Heart of the Hide glove? Thanks in advance for the help.
golfswing
Veteran Glove Poster

laces

Postby softball66 » October 9th, 2006, 1:33 pm

you might have a Tandy Leather store in your town to personally visit but you can go on the internet to order from places like Triple C in Kentucky or others. Maybe just do a search on leather laces.
What you want to do is match up the color, width of the lace you have.
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby BretMan » October 10th, 2006, 9:04 am

I do have a Tandy leather store in my town, just a few minutes away from my home. This is a huge store that seems to stock just about every item in the Tandy catalog.

While I can easily find most any leather cleaner, conditioner or leather working tools there, my visits have been disappointing in regards to finding good laces suitable for most glove restorations.

A fellow glover on this board and I recently exchanged a few samples of laces through the mail and he sent me some Tandy laces that might work well for some of the older gloves I have. But they don't really seem to carry anything suitable for high-quality modern gloves.

If anyone out there has catalog numbers for any Tandy laces that work well for them it would be of interest to me.

I have heard nothing but good reports about Triple-C leather, but have not personally done any business with them.

I do relace quite a few "playing" gloves for folks in my area, which is a hot-bed for recreational baseball and softball. After searching the internet and comparing prices, I made several bulk purchases through Tanners. Their laces are high-quality and suitable for use on Rawlings HOH gloves. In fact, being that Tanners is the officially licensed dealer for Rawlings accesories, these laces may very well be the same ones used on Rawlings gloves from the factory.

These laces seem to be of an even better quality than the single, plastic-wrapped Rawlings laces that can be bought in many sporting goods stores that carry the "HOH" name on the package. And they will cost you about half as much, even being 72" long versus the 48" length of the packaged singles.

A link to their website is at the end of this post. They do not have an internet ordering system and you will need to deal with them via email or over the phone for pricing information and placing orders. While they prefer to sell laces in bulk lots, they are open to filling smaller orders. Their service reps are quite helpful with handling special requests.

In bulk lots of 25, their 3/16" wide (these actually measure a bit over 3/16") in 72" lengths and basic colors (tan, dark brown and black) will run you just less than $1.50 each with the shipping. Other colors (red, blue, white) will cost a little bit more.

http://www.tanners.com
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby golfswing » October 10th, 2006, 10:12 am

Thanks for the reply and information. I am looking to relace a couple of game gloves my son has around the house and if all goes well a few more for his buddies. Sounds like Tanners is a good place to start.
golfswing
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion