ebay changes?

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

ebay changes?

Postby Cowboy7130 » March 17th, 2008, 5:43 pm

I DO NOT like the new ebay classification of gloves and mitts. Why and when did they start classifying gloves and mitts as part of "Clothing, Shoes, and Accessories?" Accessories??? Are you kidding me??? And now I have to wade through batting gloves to see all gloves and mitts? :x grrr ... :x
Yes, I still have my first glove.
Cowboy7130
Gold Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » March 17th, 2008, 5:57 pm

I have not noticed this - the categories I generally look at haven't changed. How did you end up in the Clothing, Shoes and Accessories. Unless, of course you are looking for a good deal on a Ty Cobb Stall and Dean glove - there was one there a couple weeks ago that a forum member picked up.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

eBay

Postby JC » March 17th, 2008, 11:16 pm

Cowboy is right. EBay recently changed the categories. It is a real pain.
JC
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » March 18th, 2008, 5:56 am

Are you using the playground mode there? My categories have not changed and gloves are still listed daily in the categories I have saved.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby MVALZ » March 18th, 2008, 7:07 am

Yup. Gloves still there, but mixed in with batting gloves...900 of 'em UGGGH!
MVALZ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby awarsoca » March 18th, 2008, 8:43 am

noticed it this weekend and hate it as well.
If you do a search for a specific thing, IE Rawlings XPG, you won't notice it but if you go to Buy, then you have to go to Sporting Goods, Team Sports, Baseball & Softball, Clothing Shoes & Accessories, Glove & Mitts, Fielders Glove (at least I think that is the new stupid order)
awarsoca
Gold Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » March 19th, 2008, 11:52 am

ok, now i see why - I only look at vintage gloves and they moved that catergory away from the modern gloves for some reason.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

yep ...

Postby Cowboy7130 » March 19th, 2008, 12:20 pm

that's the order you have to go through. If you have a saved search, there is no problem. I have several saved searches, of course, but I still like to look at a BUNCH of gloves AND mitts at one time. Now, if I wade through the steps to get there, I have to choose Fielder's gloves OR Catcher's mitts OR first base mitts. And of course, so many gloves/mitts are not identified properly, so sometimes you see a "Catcher's GLOVE" in the fielder category and "Fielder's MITT" in the first base category. Too many batting gloves thrown in there, too. "Vintage" is a category of its own; it is listed under baseball and softball but not under gloves and mitts, and it contains more than just gloves and mitts. Now, we all know that some "vintage" gloves are not, and we deal with it, but now I have to go to

Catcher - to see catcher's mitts
Fielder-Adult - to see fielder's gloves
Fielder-Youth - to see if any gloves are mis-identified (sure enough, there is an LS "Big Daddy" in there this morning ... a "Big Daddy" 14" softball glove in the youth section! Not to mention all the 11.5" infielder gloves that don't belong there ...)
First Base - to see first base mitts

back out to baseball and softball and click on Vintage to see vintage gloves and mitts ....

For example, this vintage MM5 ( Item number: 260219818863 ) is not listed in Vintage at all, but is listed in Catcher's mitts!

I liked looking at them all at once ... this is more trouble and much less satisfying to me ... :cry:

I guess I am through whining now! 8)
Yes, I still have my first glove.
Cowboy7130
Gold Glove Poster

Ebay changes

Postby hal barth » March 19th, 2008, 8:46 pm

I do not see the problem. I just did a search for VINTAGE BASEBALL GLOVE and came up with 258 listings. I checked the first 2 pages and found all old baseball gloves with perhaps a couple listings for Vintage baseball glove price guide. To me, It is still the same.
bigedgar15 in Denver
hal barth
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » March 19th, 2008, 8:48 pm

Thats because we are looking at vintage - they are looking at modern gloves.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby MVALZ » March 20th, 2008, 8:22 pm

Accessory? I really can't stand it....just shot off an email to ebay. Please consider doing the same brothers
MVALZ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby spedrunr » March 21st, 2008, 2:37 am

no doubt, wonder what einstein in corporate decided to put gloves and mitts in clothing(?)

YOU'RE FIRED!

:twisted:
spedrunr
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Ebay catagories

Postby GloveGypsy » March 21st, 2008, 7:28 am

I agree, eBay has made a mistake, and their new categorization is a mess.

Fortunately, eBay keeps accurate statistics on listings, so maybe when they notice a downturn in number of listings because sellers are getting less yield on their items, they will fix this error.

I will send an email and will not list any items until I am certain that buyers can find them.

-GG
GloveGypsy
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby spedrunr » March 21st, 2008, 11:05 am

you'd think that a multi-billion dollar company (EBAY) would have the smarts to KISS(keep it simple stupid) so the average ebay buyer (or seller) could get their product out there to as many people as possible with the least amount of confusion for both parties.

before the change, i still had over 10 categories of searches just to try and keep up.

i actually missed a few gems this past couple weeks because i wasn't aware of the changes until i saw some of the "glove of the weeks" on this forum.

i quickly did a search to see why i missed them.

brilliant.

did ebay send out an email and i deleted it?

to their demise, sales could be down, and nice gloves flying under the radar

:roll:
spedrunr
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby awarsoca » May 29th, 2008, 3:15 pm

AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE EBAY!!!!!

ID10Ts! They changed search now. I can't do a -batting search under gloves & mitts anymore .
WTH are they thinking
awarsoca
Gold Glove Poster

Next

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion