Introduction

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Introduction

Postby Tigerman » October 5th, 2006, 10:56 am

Good morning! I am a new member to this forum. I have been collecting baseball gloves for the past 4-5 years. I have a pretty good collection with over 500 signature models. I am always looking for gloves to add to the collection. I have gotten pretty good at relacing gloves that have needed the laces replaced. Also, I try to get a rookie card or a nice insert card or an actual autograph of the player to attach to the glove. I enjoy trading, but I am willing to buy if it's a glove I need. I am a big Detroit Tigers fan. I am working on finding signature model gloves for Detroit players who were on the World Series teams of 1968 and 1984. I have a pretty good start with the major players of 1968 (Kaline, Lolich, McLain, Horton, Freehan and McAuliffe). I have a few from the 1984 team. Any assistance is appreciated in my search and let me know if I can help you out. In addition, I have picked up a few vintage uniforms and wooden bats for my collection. Go Tigers!
Tigerman
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby Bleacher Bum » October 5th, 2006, 3:04 pm

I have a Dick McAuliffe Trio Hollander 39-07 model baseball bat. It is a 34 inch bat, not sure on the weight, but pretty heavy. The best part of the bat is the flare handle. The stampings are weak, but visable. Let me know if you want pics. I would be interested in trading if you have any Nokona gloves/mitts.

Brad
Bleacher Bum
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » October 5th, 2006, 6:41 pm

Welcome Tigerman!
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby glove-works » October 5th, 2006, 7:54 pm

I have a few top line models for the following players..

Al Kaline
Jim Northrup
Eddie Mathews
Bill Freehan
I think I have a Dick McAuliffe, and Norm Cash as well, but need to check.

Probably not ready to sell yet??
Glove-Works
Home of "the Works"
Glove Repair/Restoration & Sales
www.glove-works.com
glove-works
Gold Glove Poster

Tiger gloves and bats

Postby Tigerman » October 11th, 2006, 9:58 am

Just wanted to say that I appreciate the warm welcome and the response to my initial posting in this forum. I think that over time I will make some good contacts and some good deals when it comes to gloves and stuff I collect. I really enjoy trading, so continue letting me know what you have available and what you seek in trade. It appears that all the Yankee haters have come out of the wood work and have joined the Tigers band wagon. The Tigers are for real! A 3rd World Series Championship in my life time....seems more possible today. Go Tigers!!!
Tigerman
Rookie Glove Poster

Hello Tigerman

Postby SoCalTigerGuy » December 26th, 2006, 11:57 pm

I have two gloves you might be interested in...a Ballhawk Al Kaline(Wilson A2281) and a mint Lance Parrish (not the gaudy orange one) model.

http://mmcm3.blogspot.com/

Rocky
SoCalTigerGuy
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion