Question about a Rawlings Pro Model Catchers Mitt

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Question about a Rawlings Pro Model Catchers Mitt

Postby baseballnmore » October 4th, 2006, 10:32 am

I came across a glove the other day that I was hoping someone in the forum might be able to provide some information on. It's a Rawlings Heart of The Hide(Made in the USA) Catchers Mitt. The model # is PRO-IOCMOT. It's a Gold Glove Series mitt with Deer Tanned Cowhide in the inner palm and a red R in a circle on the wrist strap. It also says Lite Toe, For The Professional Player & Oil Tanned Leather in the Palm. There are also four dots under Gold Glove Series but the most interesting feature of this glove is it's cloth patch. The patch is an American Flag with a smaller red Rawlings patch sewn on top. Does anyone have any idea when Rawlings would have made this glove? I can't find any info on the Internet on this model # so any info anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.
baseballnmore
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby glove-works » October 4th, 2006, 8:09 pm

I would definitely say mid-late 90's, being oil treated, they seemed to have a series of USA gloves that featured the "patriotic" flag patch. I am sure someone else here can pinpoint the date of manufacture more specifically, but sounds like a nice mitt.
Glove-Works
Home of "the Works"
Glove Repair/Restoration & Sales
www.glove-works.com
glove-works
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion