Odd Cooper Weeks

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Odd Cooper Weeks

Postby drasher81 » September 14th, 2006, 12:22 pm

Picked this up because of the unique finger cover across the top, I never saw another like this one. I was wondering if anyone has any info on this model or has seen one before.
drasher81

Re: Odd Cooper Weeks

Postby mikesglove » July 24th, 2013, 9:31 pm

Here are a couple more Cooper Weeks gloves with the finger guard.

Jack Cooper and Cecil Weeks bought the General Leather Goods Co. of Toronto in 1949 and renamed it Cooper Weeks. They soon became Canada's biggest manufacturer of hockey equipment and baseball gloves. Their "Black Diamond" line became a trademark. They became Cooper of Canada in 1971 and bought a specialty wood products business for the manufacture of hockey sticks. They slowly entered the baseball bat market and supplied 30% of MLB players by the late 1980's. Their baseball gloves had some characteristics of both Rawlings and Macgregor in the 1950-60's. Below are two beauties.

"Spider Web" model

"Spider Web" model with the "corporal stripes". Great maroon leather with gold stamping.
mikesglove
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby cbrandis » July 26th, 2013, 9:04 pm

another version of the finger protection stretching out to cover the webbing, too. cb
IMG_2244.JPG
cbrandis
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby mikesglove » April 30th, 2014, 12:11 pm

here is another odd Cooper base mitt. It looks to be an ambidextrous model with the symetrical design and the outside finger loops on both sides. I did a little research and Cooper did manufacturer an ambi model at some point. It is a $99 BIN on ebay right now.
ambi.JPG
ambia.JPG
Attachments
ambib.JPG
mikesglove
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion