Boston checking in

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Boston checking in

Postby Number9 » September 12th, 2006, 12:52 am

Hi there. I've been a frequent visitor since following the link over from Rob Mucha's site. Now that my home projects are dwindling (finally) and my team is spiralling into oblivion I figured there was no better time to sign up. This is a great site, keep doing what you're doing.

William
Number9
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Welcome Number9!

Postby crackofthebat » September 12th, 2006, 6:59 am

Welcome aboard Number9! Hey, with the Sox there is always next year! We only have to wait another 84 more years until they win it all again. You can't get too greedy. What are your interests in gloves?
crackofthebat
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Number9 » September 12th, 2006, 4:41 pm

That's true! Unfortunately, they are looking more like the Sox we know and less like the Sox we love.

As for gloves, I'm very interested in the early stuff. The older the better. Basically what that boils down to is the fact that my collection is relatively small. I'm down to around 20 at the moment, with around half being 1920's or earlier. I didn't really intend it it to be so, but I have a minor focus on gloves made in the New England region. And naturally, I have some models of my favorite Sox. My Johnny Pesky split finger is one of my favorite "modern" gloves.
Number9
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » September 12th, 2006, 8:30 pm

Welcome Number9! Thanks for joining and we look forward to your posts!
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion