Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Postby Jackman » September 9th, 2006, 12:03 pm

Just wanted to introduce myself to the group. I have been a baseball fan all my life and started looking for gloves last year when my son was born. I want to make sure he has a chance to play with a US made Rawlings glove, like the ones I played with when I was younger. Plus it was a good excuse to try to pick up some of the gloves I owned or wanted to own when I was younger! First glove purchased was a Pro1000C from Mike at Glove-Works (hi Mike!). Mike re-laced the glove perfectly and cleanted it up nicely. So far, it's my favorite glove. None of the gloves I buy will sit in a case, I intend to use them all. Hopefully, to play ball with my son someday. Also plan to join a 40 and over league next year if my surgically repaired shoulder and knee hold up. Here are some of my other gloves (too few to call a collection):

Pro1000HCBD on ebay a couple months ago. Perfect condition HOH USA model from the 90's. Still a long way from being broken in, this glove is giving me deja vu of the old days when gloves were not oil tanned! It's noticeably lighter than most modern gloves but the leather is not nearly as flexible.

Wilson A2000 XL - It's from the early 90's and is not a US model (Japan) but it's very nice. I use it in a 12" softball league. Bought it from a Sportmart when they were closing a store.

Glovesmith Shadow 12" basket web - it's a basic black USA made model and a great glove. Much better than most of the gloves I played with when I was younger. Great player glove that can be found on eBAy from time to time.

Rawlings HOH AR3B 11.75 - I picked this one up from a sporting goods store that was closing. It's made in the Phillipeans but is a nice player.

Rawlings Pro1000H - my third, this one is a US model in good condition...except for the rip on the lower part of the thumb. I use it for catch and will for re-lacing practice.

Rawlings GJ66 Jim Lefebre - bought this one for my son (he's a long way from using it!). It's in great shape and is similar to a glove that I owned as a kid. I have always loved the flex-o-matic palm Rawlings gloves from the 70's.

I really enjoy this site and look forward to learning more about older gloves and where to find them.

Thanks!

Jack
Jackman
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion